2 roos fighting

Some people have tried a product called Pinless Peepers to help resolve aggression between roosters. These are basically like blinders on a horse. Some people think putting 'glasses' on chickens is cruel but other people are willing to try them to stop the fighting. Some owners have noted that some birds learn to see around them to fight.

Honestly, for the sake of your flock, it the fighting continues it would be kind to get rid of one rooster. I know this is difficult as your raised them as pets but remember chickens live by a different code-only the best, the strongest get the right to breed and have a flock.

Just imagine if you were being forced to live with your brother or sister in a tiny room for 24 hours a day. Even a saint would turn violent.

Good luck!
images

Some people have tried a product called Pinless Peepers to help resolve aggression between roosters. These are basically like blinders on a horse. Some people think putting 'glasses' on chickens is cruel but other people are willing to try them to stop the fighting. Some owners have noted that some birds learn to see around them to fight.

Honestly, for the sake of your flock, it the fighting continues it would be kind to get rid of one rooster. I know this is difficult as your raised them as pets but remember chickens live by a different code-only the best, the strongest get the right to breed and have a flock.

Just imagine if you were being forced to live with your brother or sister in a tiny room for 24 hours a day. Even a saint would turn violent.

Good luck!
images

I suggest constructing / acquiring an additional pen specifically to hold one of the roosters. A 4' x 5' pen with a cover and roosting pole will suffice. Confined bird will be better protected and serve as backup in the event other male fails. You could rotate which rooster is out on a given day. You may have to modify pen so birds will not fight through the wire.
thank you for the suggestions. this is the second day they don't fight. either they got scared of each other or they were fighting for a hen. I wasn't there when they started so I am not sure. I have a beautiful black hooded hen and she is the favourite of both of them, lol.

Pick the one you like better, and chop the other ones head off and eat it.

well, I love them both and don't eat my chickens. when I got my avatar roo I promised him he will never become a soup. the other one came with him but as a surprise cockerel. he is a brahma cross as so tame, behave like a human being.

would adding more hens resolve the problem? I have a few pullets in another run that I might add.

UPDATE: my alpha roo was getting sick and another one took advantage of that and returned to the alpha position. so they didn't fight without reason.

the sick one got better and accepted that the other one is alpha now.

I have 2 roos that I hatched from an egg and I have a fully grown booted bantam and the 2 I hatched are now both attacking my booted bantam. He has since separated himself from the group. What do I do. I would rather keep the booted bantam because he has a mate in the flock. Not sure if the booted bantam will go into the coop when the sun goes down. I even took the booted bantam some worms and he wouldn't eat . Please help me

If you want to keep the booted bantam you may have to get rid of the other two roosters. They might leave him alone as long as he can avoid them. They also might kill him if they get the chance. I've had some roosters that will tolerate having subordinates around and some that would kill them. If you don't free range them or have a huge run you better separate them. Personally I believe if you're going to have more than one rooster you need a lot of space or separate coops and runs. Subordinates need to be able to get away and stay away from the alpha. I only keep one mature rooster around anymore. I'll raise some young ones every year but when they reach about 6 months I'll pick one to keep and cull the rest.

Back
Top Bottom