2 Roosters Dead - HELP!

nrox

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 16, 2010
I've lost 2 roosters in the last 2 weeks. The first one seemed to be off his feed but was still enjoying the Alphalfa before he expired. The other was just fine, no problems with eating or drinking at all. When I went to feed yesterday afternoon he was on his back barely breathing. Over the next couple of hours he rolled over a few times, eyes were going everywhere and finally about sundown he gave out. The hens are fine, but I only have one rooster left and I'm worried that he too will go. Any ideas what could be causing this?

welcome-byc.gif
I am sorry to read about your roo's I don't have any answers for you so all I can do is give you a bump. I hope there is someone who can help with your problem

It would help to know some other factors...If you go to the emergencies/diseases section and read the first sticky and fill out that info for us it would help a lot.
We really want to help but need more to go on.

Esp with heavy breed roos, heart problems can cause the flip over and rapid death thing. Realy nothing to be done in that case, it just happens and given there was no sickness leading up to it might not be any reason to worry about the others.

More info would be good, breed, age, feed and so on but I can't imagine it would be possible to say with any certainty what caused it. A necropcy is what you would need.

Back
Top Bottom