2 to 3 day old duckling with swollen belly , hasnt pooped in roughly 12 to 24 hours.

Danielleb82

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Was very energetic last night , I didnt notice the swollen belly till this morning, it's not moving much and lays on its side . Picture from last night and I'll post one from today . I sat her I warm epsinsalt water it has coconut oil in it . But I have no idea what do. I've never lost a duckling before. We did find her in a nest abandoned. Thought it was her legs. Any advice will help .
15958657494268864446557725304164.jpg
20200726_203051.jpg

Was very energetic last night , I didnt notice the swollen belly till this morning, it's not moving much and lays on its side . Picture from last night and I'll post one from today . I sat her I warm epsinsalt water it has coconut oil in it . But I have no idea what do. I've never lost a duckling before. We did find her in a nest abandoned. Thought it was her legs. Any advice will help . View attachment 2264134View attachment 2264131
I’m not sure what you should do but I can tag a couple of people that might be able to help you. Best of luck to you and the duckling. :hugs

@Miss Lydia or @Isaac 0 could either of you be of assistance?

Was very energetic last night , I didnt notice the swollen belly till this morning, it's not moving much and lays on its side . Picture from last night and I'll post one from today . I sat her I warm epsinsalt water it has coconut oil in it . But I have no idea what do. I've never lost a duckling before. We did find her in a nest abandoned. Thought it was her legs. Any advice will help . View attachment 2264134View attachment 2264131
I feel so bad she was so excited and happy yesterday now she is limp and weak . 😭 pray for the baby any one know what to do please help . I cant take her to vet . But will try anything

I’m not sure what you should do but I can tag a couple of people that might be able to help you. Best of luck to you and the duckling. :hugs

@Miss Lydia or @Isaac 0 could either of you be of assistance?
My son is upset he we were seeing it pull through and walking better yesterday, I wonder if it are to much last night . And cant poop . Poor thing .

I feel so bad she was so excited and happy yesterday now she is limp and weak . 😭 pray for the baby any one know what to do please help . I cant take her to vet . But will try anything
I’m terribly sorry you have to deal with this. I’m really hoping this baby duckling will pull through for you. I will keep you and the duckling in my prayers and thoughts and hope everything works out for you guys. :(:hugs

I’m terribly sorry you have to deal with this. I’m really hoping this baby duckling will pull through for you. I will keep you and the duckling in my prayers and thoughts and hope everything works out for you guys. :(:hugs
I'm the kind of person who can't just leave a wild animal abandoned. I've raised a couple muscovy ducklings in the past one still visits for food. Lol . But with this one I'm more worried , hopeing it will be ok . But if not I pray it goes peacefully with out alot pain and suffering. After yesterday with her energy and all I got my Hope's up . Not sure what to do about her belly or if its butthole problem

She isnt doing well at all . I dont know I think sit may pass today if it hasnt already . I've got it under the heat lamp . But I fear she is going to heaven. . Prayers for a painless Time :(

Tha k you for prayers sadly I believe it has past away . She is no longer. Moving and its eyes are open :( . I'll leave it under heater but I believe it's in heaven . Thank you all .

Tha k you for prayers sadly I believe it has past away . She is no longer. Moving and its eyes are open :( . I'll leave it under heater but I believe it's in heaven . Thank you all .
She isnt doing well at all . I dont know I think sit may pass today if it hasnt already . I've got it under the heat lamp . But I fear she is going to heaven. . Prayers for a painless Time :(
I’m terribly sorry for your loss. I really wish the little duckling would have pulled through. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts still. Wishing good luck with the rest of your flock. It is always hard to lose one when you try so hard to keep it alive. Best wishes and condolences go out to you. :hugs :(

Back
Top Bottom