2 week old with cross beak ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Wendy'sChicksRock, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Songster

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    Im no expert but im thinking this is cross beak?
    What do you all think?She is eating and drinking fine so far.. what should I do to help her.

[​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Crowing

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Looks like she does have a little of a crossed beak. Plenty of info on here, do a search on crossbeak in here or emergencies. As long as she's eating and drinking, no worries. But you don't want to breed her as this is probably genetic, at least I think so.

3. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Songster

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Looks like how mine looked when it was that age. She went to the Big Coop in the Sky a couple days ago. She stopped growing the last two or three weeks. Make sure that she gets her feed in a deep bowl, preferably mashed.

4. zengrrl

zengrrl Songster

Mar 25, 2011
    Oakland County, MI
    My polish girl has an awful crossbeak, I believe it stunted her growth a bit and I'm actually taking her to get it clicked down tomorrow and I'm not brave enough to try it myself. Trying to fatten her up with scrambled eggs and oatmeal but so far, she just equates me with yummy food and comes running whenever she sees me. Good luck!

5. I have a hen with scissor/cross beak.......she's about a year old.
    She does need her feed/scratch in a deep bowl, so she can get a beak full. She can't peck at food on the ground bit by bit and get anything. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: