1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 weeks old already!! with pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gapeach717, Mar 21, 2012.

1. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    My babies are 2 weeks old!!! They have gotten so big!! Enjoy!

Dixie, I think she is a Golden Laced Cochin Bantam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lollypop (who I still have ZERO clue on and isnt developing as fast!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daisy May, one of the Mottled Cochin Bantams who I am thinking may be a Roo....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ellie May , Daisy's "twin sister"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Princess Lay-a (who I see a tiny bit of barring on her wings so I am thinking maybe Barred Cochin Bantam?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Sara, what I am starting to realize got mixed up and is one of the EEs for sure now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ideas of breeds and genders welcomed!!! [​IMG]

2. G-Man

G-Man Chillin' With My Peeps

"Princess Lay-A" ! [​IMG]

Your chicks are adorable.. And thank you for the morning laugh.

3. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    LOL you can thank my star wars super fan 7 year old son, this one was hand picked and named by him, LOL!

4. G-Man

G-Man Chillin' With My Peeps

That's awesome! Very creative..

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I think Dixie is a boy. I've thought that form the first time you posted pictures!

If I were you, I'd change the name to something more gender friendly. :lau - Something that could go both ways :p I never change a name once it's there, so I have had boys with way too girly of names - Ruth was a drake I had, and I also had a girl named Carl :rolleyes:

I also think you are right on your mottled one. One looks to be a girl, and one a boy.

I wish mine were this easy!!!

6. aoxa

Your chicks are only three days younger than mine :)

7. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    What makes you think Dixie is a boy? :p

8. aoxa

The stance alone :p I hope my guess is wrong! He/She is adorable either way. Of course the name Dixie is one of my favourites. I had puppies and my favourite was Dixie, and my first barred rock is now Dixie. She is still my favourite. I don't think that will ever change. [​IMG]

9. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    What a beauty!

I try to imagine Dixie's curiosity of the world around her is the reason for her tall stance. Lol. She is always stretching to check things out....and when she isn't doing that, she is herding all the chicks in the brooder all over the place, sigh! Wishful thinking probably, but I sure wish she would end up a she. Such a beauty!! I can't have any Roos in my neighborhood. :(

10. aoxa

I don't think my flock would be complete without my roosters, but the neighbours would probably like me better :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by