2 whoppers in 1 day!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickMomma, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ChickMomma

ChickMomma Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    I collected these from my egg box today... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The one on the left was a large by my scale. The two in the middle were off the charts on my scale and the one on the right was a medium. So, who wants to guess how many yolks?

Here they are on the scale. They would have tipped it more but there is a metal stop that keeps it from going up anymore.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have one question. Would the color of an egg change by the size that it is? I ask because I have never gotten an egg the color of the green large one. All of mine have always been the more blue shade. I still had one chicken yet to start laying and thought this might be hers but to be so large for a first egg?!?!

Susanne

2. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Maybe it turned green because she didn't have enough blue left for such a big egg [​IMG]

if it's from the one who hasn't layed yet WOW :eek:

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Double yolks. I get several of these a week from my pullets too. Sometimes I have trouble getting the lid to close on the Jumbo carton that I use for them. I do feel for the girls though, ouch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by