2 Year old Cochin pecking and bleeding

Lja73

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Hi
My 2 year old Cochin has picked all her feathers off her back and her feet , her back was bleeding, i put Blue cote on her,should i bring her inside to get better? please help I feel so bad for her i have 9 chickens and no roosters. Any help would be appreciated. she is holding her one foot up off the ground and its so so cold outside, plus the other 8 chickens are not being nice to her.

I am learning as i go and would love as much feedback as possible, thanks

Last edited:
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!!!

You could try pinless peppers.

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! I would certainly at least isolate you from the others to keep her safe. If possible, try and keep her close to the other birds so you won't have the pecking order drama once you reintro her to the flock. Best of luck to you - hope she gets better!

Thank you so much for the suggestions, I really appreciate your help have a great weekend

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Good luck with your hen!

Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. If she doesn't have any feathers on her and is really cold, I would bring her inside or try to fashion some type of coat. If you feed her a chick starter, the higher protein will help get her feathers to grow back faster. Good luck. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom