2 year old hen crowing like a rooster!

Cargar

Chirping
Mar 21, 2020
I have a 2 year old hen that has started crowing. She's always been a noisy squawker, even thought she's the smallest one in my flock of 4. But she's full on crowing like a rooster now. She's not doing it at 5am and it seems to be to get my attention, but it's still very annoying and I can't get her to stop, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I've looked at the threads that discuss this but can't find any answers about how to stop the behavior or why it started in the first place. Please don't suggest I get a rooster, I live in a suburban neighborhood and sadly complained when my neighbor ended up with a rooster a few years ago. I'm afraid someone will think I'm trying to get away with something now. :idunno

Try to relax. Hens do crow, and I've had hens that crowed and sounded exactly like roosters. However, hens lack the throat construction to amplify the sound. It doesn't carry very far. And I had roosters in the flock, so lack of a rooster is not why hens crow.

No, there isn't anything you can do to stop it. Except maybe eating her.

Try to relax. Hens do crow, and I've had hens that crowed and sounded exactly like roosters. However, hens lack the throat construction to amplify the sound. It doesn't carry very far. And I had roosters in the flock, so lack of a rooster is not why hens crow.

No, there isn't anything you can do to stop it. Except maybe eating her.
Lol, I wouldn't want to do that. She's got far too much character.

Back
Top Bottom