2 year old hen with pastey looking hind end

roxanne

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Hello everyone. I have a barred rock hen whose hind end really is worrying me. I just noticed it yesterday. She is still eating well and drinking, but it just doesn’t look right. Any suggestions on what I should do? I feed my 7 member flock fermented feed, table scraps, and laying crumbles. Their water is changed everyday. They are in a closed but uncovered run, which is just the ground. I am really worried 😟

Hello everyone. I have a barred rock hen whose hind end really is worrying me. I just noticed it yesterday. She is still eating well and drinking, but it just doesn’t look right. Any suggestions on what I should do? I feed my 7 member flock fermented feed, table scraps, and laying crumbles. Their water is changed everyday. They are in a closed but uncovered run, which is just the ground. I am really worried 😟
Photos?

Can you pick her up, examine her? She just may need a clean up, if so...give her a washing.
I will do that! I guess it’s best to wait until the evening because they are really hard to catch. Plus, our rooster is too mean to try to catch them when he is around. I would end of bleeding. I will check this evening and reply back with pics if anything looks questionable.

Back
Top Bottom