2 yellow male ducks tried to mate my hen

Betsyg16

Chirping
May 16, 2020
They were both trying to mate her. I thought she was dead at first. She is definitely injured, and I’m sure it’s internal. I have segregated her in the house. I checked her vent, but can’t hardly get in. I will post what has been leaking out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 132
Ducks and chickens are built differently down there. When chickens mate they touch vents, no penetration. That touch is enough for fertilization. A male duck is built somewhat like a corkscrew. That's for mating when they are floating on water. A male duck can cause internal damage to a hen. All you can do is keep her warm and calm. Give her time.

Ducks and chickens are built differently down there. When chickens mate they touch vents, no penetration. That touch is enough for fertilization. A male duck is built somewhat like a corkscrew. That's for mating when they are floating on water. A male duck can cause internal damage to a hen. All you can do is keep her warm and calm. Give her time.
Thanks so much. She’s doing better. I’m still segregating her. Bathing her in warm water and essential oil. She like oatmeal and yogurt. I have 2 male Peking ducks one mallard male and one female mallard. The female mallard holds her own. But those 2 Peking males seem to team up continuously on my hens. They have separate coops separate feed.

Back
Top Bottom