20 days and 12 pages ago--- I set all those eggs... *pics*

Wow look at all those little guys...er, I mean gals!! Do you know what you have in there, breed wise?

Well, I actually went and read your original post, so I see that you know what you set, but do you know what each chick is breed-wise?

Last edited:
CVS and Walgreens sell colored nail polish in green, blue, purple, and all kinds of different colors. I used it on my RIR to tell them apart. I avoided red - thought that might make them peck each other. I also put a little on their legs - Millie still has the dot of silver polish on her leg.

It worked and lasted quite a while - wore off after a time (course by then they were outside and scratching in the dirt).

You have a wonderful house full of chickens! Congrats on all your new babies!

Congrats Lisa, Good luck with the rest of them. Wow, and I thought I was nuts!
lau.gif
Have fun enjoying them fuzzy butts.

I was thinking about doing nail polish with my chicks as well! I was thinking subtle colors on alternating toes so I can keep them all straight! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this! I suggested it to my DH last night and he said I was crazy!
lau.gif

Hi! The brooders are those plastic storage containers.

I had these three different NN crosses in three different hatchers so I'd be able to tell 'who's from what cross'.
Til I get them marked, I've got them in 3 different brooders.

These are from the Jersey Giant hens and the NN roo.
They could be olive eggers
smile.png

303409984.jpg

Silkies
303409972.jpg

Mottled Cochins
303409970.jpg

I'm really tickled about these 2 naked neck chicks! They *may* be frizzled green eggers!
303409981.jpg

I'll add the rest as soon as the camera battery is recharged
smile.png

Lol, Hubby asked me this morning if I'd had any responses to the ad (for chicks for sale) I put in the Market Bulletin.
Er, uh, um, I forgot to place the ad
smile.png

Lisa

Dipsy,

It's people like you that keep people like me in the hatching mood.

BTW, my dh dispises all of you hatchers out there.

You sure do have some cuties there.

Back
Top Bottom