20 week old Bantam Breed Question

Melisma42

Chirping
Jul 12, 2021
I have a second relevant question. I purchased 5 bantam "pullets" from Cackle Hatchery as my first ever chickens. I received 2 silver pencil Cochins (1P/1C) and 2 red Cochins (1P/1C) and these two. I am 99% sure they are both pullets, however I am unsure about breed. I assumed barred rock, but their tails are different.

Any ideas?

According to Cackle the possibilities for bantam female assortment are: Dominique, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red, Crele Old English, Barred Cochin, Barred Old English Game, Golden Laced Cochin and/or Red Cochin Bantams

tempImagekqU6C7.jpg

tempImage77xwCS.jpg

F039FAC9-44DD-4A8F-BBB2-8BE27E8EEDF0_1_201_a.jpeg

I love them! Is it normal to have one with an "up" tail and one with a "down" tail? That is what was throwing me off.
It happens.
I have two Doms who are like that. They have the same father, but one has a smaller comb, darker barring, a short back and upright tail.
The other is long-bodied and long-legged. Her tail is a gentle slope, and her comb and watt
0815944E-2E0A-4A1E-BD16-2D193A4D797A.jpeg
B88F29C3-AAA4-40DD-8323-2507F62C89D9.jpeg

It happens.
I have two Doms who are like that. They have the same father, but one has a smaller comb, darker barring, a short back and upright tail.
The other is long-bodied and long-legged. Her tail is a gentle slope, and her comb and watt
Thanks! That is really interesting. Chickens continue to fascinate me.

I assumed mine were rocks instead of Dominiques because their comb is more upright..is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom