20 weeks, and I still can't tell...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hypnotist_Collectr, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Hypnotist_Collectr

Hypnotist_Collectr In the Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    NorCal, CA
    We have been having 112 degree heat, so I am not expecting eggs until it cools down a bit.... but, none are crowing, either... and they are growing at different rates, so I am sooo confused. There are a couple that Bwak really loudly when they first get let out... but, other than that, they aren't crowing at all...

Here are the Golden Buffs:

Angel ~ She's getting super red, and her body looks like the ones who are supposed to be hens, but within the last 2 weeks, her waddles are getting sooo big, and so is her comb! So, now I am worried!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here she is with Clementine, the other Golden Buff... they are developing so differently!
    [​IMG]

Here's more of homely little Clementine:
    [​IMG]
    She's my favorite, but she is the one I am most concerned with, seeing her tail curve down, and noticing the difference between "spurs" on the feet... But, she is the underdog... very gentle, and follows me around like a puppy. Let's you pick her up like a baby. So sweet... She is a lot skinnier than Angel...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then, we have Black Beauty. She's skinnier than our other Austrolorpe, so that concerns me... that, and the long tail. She also tends to squawk a lot... (She's my 2nd favorite... so, I am hoping that I am not keen on the boys, haha.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's Large Marge, the other Austrolorpe. She's shy, and quiet.
    [​IMG]

Mrs. Lovette... pretty sure this is a girl? She is LOUD and obnoxious... "talks" a lot, but a sweetie:
    [​IMG]

2. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Songster

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't see any boys. Angel should be laying an egg for you any day now.

3. joedie

joedie Songster

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    They all look like girls to me! [​IMG]

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Songster

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I agree.. should be getting eggs from Angel any day now! All girls!

5. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    All pretty girls. [​IMG]

6. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Songster

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    all look like girls too me as well... remember some hens in their early age they can have some long curved tail feathers... i know my buff Orpington pullets did then they molted and are more hen like now

7. nelli21

nelli21 In the Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    Quote:Yes, they are all pretty girls!

Nelli

8. AckChicks

AckChicks In the Brooder

Sep 14, 2009
    They are really pretty!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Yes, all girls. I have two hatchery Buff Orps and one breeder quality Buff Orp. The breeder girl has a tiny comb, almost doesn't look mature. The hatchery stock both have larger combs like your girl.

10. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Crowing

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I see all pullets and ms lovette a beautiful New Hampsire, yes the sqawking and singing is a happy, high vigorus thing pretty girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: