$200 chicken?

Yup, I'd probably pay that much for an asil direct from Puerto Rico.
wink.png

Last edited:
OK now we are getting somewhere.

I am assuming that you know for sure that they are $200? Is that the currency? If not then what is the exchange?

Also if they are $200 then that explains what they are for and it ain't legal here.

Bob

A lot of people on this board seem to undervalue chickens in general. I see tons of posts stating that the price of a chicken in the area of the poster is 7-15$.....

If I buy a chick from a hatchery for $2 plus shipping and feed it for 6 months I already have probably $25 invested in it and that doesn't count the cost of housing or my time and labor. Factor in a proven breeder or a nice bird that is the result of many years of selective breeding and I would rather see a bird sent to the glue factory then sold for $7.

I spend some time in Indonesia where Chickens are much more common than they are in the US. The average wage there is $45 a month yet it is very common to see cocks that are sold for $100.

IDK....I think Americans are just spoiled by Walmart. These chickens arent made out of plastic in a factory in China. The represent time money and effort. Quit selling your chickens for $7 ea unless you already have em roasted.

translation of the add..

Description I Have several chickens asiles for the sale these they are of lineas they tested and they serve to preserve them pure or mesclar with fine. for informacion to call to Omar alone interested

Chris..

Quote:
Yes, their currency is the US dollar. I just googled it.

I found that hilarious, i'm sorry if I offend you but it's still funny to me. $200 US Dollars is about $200 US Dollars, give or take
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
I'll do you one better:

Tengo varias gallinas asiles para la venta estas son de lineas probadas y sirven para preservarlas puras o mesclar con finos. para informacion llamar a Omar solo interesados realmente..787-579-7398

translation:

I have various Asiles hens for sale, these are from proven lines and serve for preserving pure or mixing with finer chickens. For more information call Omar, only interested people

Bueno este es un asilito negro de lineas probadas sirve para preservar puros o para mezclar con finos. Informacion con Omar al 787-579-7398

translation:

Well this is a black little asil from proven lines and serves for preserving pure or mixing with finer chickens. Information with Omar

Bueno tengo este asil para la venta de las mejores lineas y decendientes probados el precio es de 200 y lo puedes usar para preservarlos puros o cruzarlos con finos. Por favor llamen solo interesados realmente gracias.

translation:

Well I have this asil for sale from the best lines and descending from proven lines the price is 200 and you can use ir for preservingthem pure or mixing them with finer chickens. Please only interested people

And yes I am on vacation and bored...
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

What does he mean by mixing with "Fine" chickens?

I think they look very pretty. Maybe $200 is too much for "just a chicken" but I have seen Hyacinth Macaws for $8000, now that's a lot of money.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom