$200 chicken?

Quote:
My pair of aseels/asils are extremely sweet and will come right up to me and like getting picked up
big_smile.png
I have gotten probably a total of about 15 eggs from her this whole year but she's one of my favorites. I have them mixed in with my main flock which consists of The asil pair, 2 Black giants, 2 Frizzle bantam cochin hens ( which are the asil roo's favorites lol), 4 red sex-links, and one white leghorn They all get along extremely well
smile.png
Heres some pics

My roo with the frizzle hens

21433_dsci0411.jpg

My roo

21433_dsci0410.jpg

All together =]

21433_dsci0405.jpg

My asil hen

21433_dsci0382.jpg

My roo again

21433_dsci0379.jpg

To me they are gorgeous but some people don't like them

Silkies = poodles AND retards of the chicken world.

gig.gif
That's funny. I like to think of my standard cochins as little Old English Sheepdogs.

As for the $200 chickens-
barnie.gif
thank god they're not all that pricey, or we'd have nothing to talk about.​

To my mind the price record for bizarre was the pet quality silkie that sold on eggbid several years ago for something like $1100 (or was that $1300?)

I really don;t have a problem with higher prices for high quality birds, but this one was worth at most $10.

Birds are not cheap. Price depends on the individual bird, seller and purchaser. When I had my flock of Roman Tufted Geese, I paid a fair amount for 2 ganders that were shipped from the west coast. Has anyone priced exhibition quality call duck - oh my gosh!!! IMO the Asian breeds are gorgeous! I have some young Sumatras that I am anxious to see develop.

Quote:
Back when my wife was looking for a pair of exhibition calls I saw good young pairs of butterscotch calls out of exhibition lines $1500.00 and up...

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom