2008 Archery Doe...PIC!

Quote:
Don't be such a downer. They can post here.

Nice job!
thumbsup.gif

OH deer!

Glad that you are able to harvest this one so that others have enough feed to make it through the winter.

I've always wondered though, why do they allow harvesting of does? Is it because there is just an overpopulation of deer?

In my days I've harvested both, but after my last doe, I quit. I just don't have the heart for it anymore. I suppose if we were starving, then perhaps. My deer rifle in the closet is collecting dust until then.

Very, very nice, my ds has been hunting and trying to get one although he wants a buck. He has numerous good shots at doe. Quite frankly, I don't care what he shoots as long as he shoots one for a meat and to lessen the deer population. The number of deer here is absolute horrible.

Congratulations!!!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks all!
big_smile.png

wrong forum....

I would like you to tell me why? Also it was your decision to open this thread so next time STAY OUT.

I appreciate your need to hunt and eat, but can't appreciate the photograph.............

Thanks for understanding....and sorry the photograph doesnt appeal to you. But I don't understand what is so "BAD" about the pic.

And around here we have a pretty bad Doe/Buck ratio. So by harvesting does early in the season like this you are also doing the bucks a favor. This way they havent already wasted energy looking for and breeding this doe. She is out of the equation before the rut kicks in.
Thanks again everyone!
Roast is in the crockpot.....and I dont do it because IM STARVING...I do it because it is something I looove!
cool.png

I am sooo jealous...Wish DH was still able to hunt...Now all we can do is mooch venison off of friends who still hunt. Just not the same though, used to love to hear him talk about what they shot for the day when he and his buddys went out.
Cindy

I have owned and operated a Meat shop for 9 years now with my DH and we specialize in game meat and I can appreciate both your desire to go out hunting and the picture. I can see where some people dont like to see pictures like that but it sounds like a successful hunt. Yummm Deer Roast..
yippiechickie.gif
Do you cut your own deer?
My DH finally took time last year and went out and got a 232 lb. Buck on Thanksgiving, so we know how great it is to have that extra meat in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom