**2009 Quilt Block Swap for May**

Thanks everyone for the comments. Yes, SE, it has certainly helped point me in another direction with my sewing too. I am trying slowly to make a more complicated block each time. And I love paper piecing, or have I said that before.
smile.png

Acre....you're name's on one just like that.
big_smile.png
I also haven't forgotten that your daughter liked one with a horse. I will get it done soon.

Lunachick...I really like that block. Thanks so much in advance. It will go well with the block I just got today from......

Calicokat, thanks so much for the block. It is one of my favorites and the colors are great! Thank you, thank you!
hugs.gif
I will post a pic as soon as I get it uploaded. DH liked it too.

Great blocks, Elven. We are really "goin' to town" on these blocks, aren't we?
yippiechickie.gif

And, Beth, I love baby chick of any kind. They are so cute. I have 3 age ranges right now.....chicks, chicklets and chickers. They move from one class to another as they get older.
big_smile.png

I was just looking at our list and it looks like 17 Roses is above me twice. That's nice maybe I'll get two of the same blocks.
wink.png

Well it took me 5 minutes to find out where my on/off button is for my new machine.
gig.gif

Quote:
Hey! Join in ... if I can sew a block than anybody can! lol I'm not very good but this swap is definitely helping me improve my skills... and challenging me to step out of my comfort zone with more complex blocks...

now to attempt paper piecing.... sigh.. is it as difficult as it appears???

Elven Dreams...Paper pieceing is not difficult if you cut the pieces large enough. Also, try solid pieces first before trying to make one way prints come out looking good when they are sewn on an angle. Go to quilterscache.com to find all kinds of paper pieced patterns.

thanks leepsy.. I got instructions for it.. I just need to wrap my brain around it! lol

So am I right that you sew the paper and material at the same time? Or am I still confused?
hmm.png
I need to find what I did with my instructions and go over them again.. my craft room is a wreck right now.....

Back
Top Bottom