**2009 Quilt Block Swap for May**

California..get my block yet?
wink.png

Elven Dreams...There is more than one way to do it. I have not tried the freezer paper method. I printed my pattern on regular paper, then you just follow the numbers on the pieces. Don't try to cut shapes to start with. You place the paper printed side down, then pin piece #1, right side up, onto the unprinted side. Hold it up to the light and see if it covers the area plus at least quarter inch seams. Then take fabric piece #2, make sure it will cover the area, place it right side down on the first piece, turn it over and sew on the printed line between the 1 and 2 pieces, press the seam and go to #3.... etc. Your instructions will explain it much better.

The short answer to your question is yes you sew to the paper then tear it off when you finish the block. Just make sure you sew about 12 to 15 stitches per inch so the paper will tear off easier.
smile.png

May I make a suggestion on the "taking the paper off"

I take a wet cloth, no soaking wet, and dampen the paper, where the seams are, before I try to take it off and this eases the process. But make sure your fabric is prewashed.

Last edited:
Looking for 3 folks to help us finish out the BYCville swap..need someone to do 20 chickens, pieced or applique; 20 post offices, pieced or applique and 20 house blocks, pieced or appilque..all edges must be turned under for applique, 100% good pre-washed cotton blocks measuring 12.5" when completed...if interested, you will have until the end of June to get them done and will receive one of each of the other 20 blocks made..check the thread and express your interest asap please! Thanks so much!! Darlene

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=135474&p=22

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips on the paper piecing! I will definitely try to get some practice on it this week some time... as soon as I can get my room better organized.. it's kind of ran away from me the past few weeks...
idunno.gif

Quote:
You guys are going to kill me but, if I do a house block can it be any house as long as it's pieced? Are there any colors you are looking for?

Quote:
Yes I can I will change some things on the house I have.

While DH and DS are away for a couple of hours I will go get my May blocks done.

Last edited:
Ok I got a minute today to try to catch up on things and checked to see who I send to this month.

I have

Leepsy who wants chicken themes in Earth tones

Elven Dreams who I have twice so I need to know if your colors are still, Greens, golds, chocolate, creams, black and white?

Father Chuck are you still looking for Blue, earth tones or pastels?

And also are chicken themes good for all of you or are you looking for something else. Thanks ya all.

Back
Top Bottom