2010 Buff Orp, Light Sussex & Ameraucana pics what do you think?

Quote:
We have pics of them on our website, they are the Fitch line.

Steve

Oh duh, those are really nice looking. I love the cuckoo color and your birds have really great color.

Quote:
We have pics of them on our website, they are the Fitch line.

Steve

Oh duh, those are really nice looking. I love the cuckoo color and your birds have really great color.

The "old lines" of Marans are great. It was their fame and people trying to get them into the APA that ruined them but that is another topic. There are a few people in the undergorund Marans that still have the real deal and keep them pure. There are only a couple people that can trace the Fitch line person to person back to Bill Fitch.

Steve

Very nice, Steve! I love those Light Sussex the most.

I only have 3 pullets, but am so surprised at their size. I did go out and get a few Coronations and splits, too. I hope they are as nice as the Lights.

Again, very nice Steve! Thanks for sharing with us.

Nice looking birds. I just HAVE to ask this though - Why is it you (and many others I see) have a nice looking run, yet all the good greenery is out the outside? I understand the need for a clean looking place, but that's a lot of nutrients they are missing out on.

Quote:
i would venture to guess its the same as my situation, the chickens eat and then poop all over the good "nutrients" in their pens so they die, and if you let them out to get what their missing out on, the predators eat them. not really worth the risk.

Quote:

The "old lines" of Marans are great. It was their fame and people trying to get them into the APA that ruined them but that is another topic. There are a few people in the undergorund Marans that still have the real deal and keep them pure. There are only a couple people that can trace the Fitch line person to person back to Bill Fitch.

Steve

oh cool, I might have to contact you sometime next year...

Quote:
Poultry are very good at removing all the greenery from an area. In our case we pick greens and carry them in every day, in the spring, summer and fall it's garden weeds and veggies in the winter I plant a large area of winter rye grass to feed them.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom