2010 Florida Sunshine Classic Info & Entry Form

Alieda that is sooo GREAT!!!
thumbsup.gif

Vickie What color silkie chicks will you have at the show. Someone jumped our fence on Sunday while we dwere out. They put gasoline in my male silkie pen and killed my lavendar rooster. They also broke the leg of my blue. We put a splint on it but I dont know if he will be OK or not. Cops were no help it just breaks my heart that my poor silkie had to suffer alone and die. I will be looking for blue, white and lavendar chicks if you have any MIcki

So sorry Micki.
hit.gif
th.gif

What about Animal control? I wonder if they can do anything as it is cruelty to animals.
barnie.gif
fl.gif

Alieda (cmom)

Yes I know We have lived here for over 12 years and have never had a problem until a family moved in 2 years ago. Now you have to lock your doors and watch your animals. I told the police I thought it was the neighbor kid but the cop didn't seem to think someone would climb our fence and being gasoline onto our property. But I have a bag of food taken from the feeder that smells like gas. My daughter lost 5 birds the same way. We have heard this kid was bragging that he and a friend were gasing chickens because his mother was selling eggs and didn't want any competition. Cant prove anything so nothing is done. We are getting cameras to put out there so if it happens again we will know who did it.

Good idea. I had someone steeling money and eggs out of my cooler. He didn't know I had a camera. The next time he showed up I confronted him and told him if he ever came on to my property I would deliver the video to the police dept.

Here are pictures from a couple of my cameras.
WebCamPic.jpg
coop2.jpg

Alieda thanks Animal control here is a joke. The cop that came out just couldn't understand why I was so upset. He figured all chickens are for laying eggs and if they dont lay you eat them. When I showed him the silkie with the broken leg he said how do you know it s broe. Duh its hanging there. Tried to tell me the rooster probabally got into a fight with another bird. No marks on anybody no feathers about. Then he says well thats how you pick up a chicken by the legs. I went into the coop and picked up a rooster and said this is how I pick up my birds. He just kept saying we cant test the feed better get you some cameras. Was no help at all. I feel really bad for my daughter as she lost all but two of her birds. When the cop went over there he wouldnt even touch the dead bird claimed he couldnt smell anything but when my son buried the bird he carried it and you could smell gas on his hands afterwards. He (cop) claimed my grandchildren were probabally using dirty buckets to fill her waterers and feeders and bringing the gas into the pen. I couldnt convince him my daughter takes care of the birds not the kids. DH and DSIL let it be known they will shoot first if they catch anyone on our property. DH is concerned that next time it will be the horses or cows.

Back
Top Bottom