2010 Florida Sunshine Classic Info & Entry Form

Just got back from the show. There were waaaay less people there than last year and not very many birds for sale. I only saw one person selling silkies. It was unimaginably cold!! Don't know show results for everyone. HOpefully Vickie and Denee will post when they get home.

we stopped by! but only recognized Vickie everyone else looked like Eskimos! My goodness it is sooooo COLD OUT!!!

Just returned from the freezing show and I have to report back that my hen, Dark Brahma, won Best breed, best variety, and best asiatic! This morning I thought I was crazy going to this event but this afternoon I'm feeling much better about it
big_smile.png

Congrats on the win Fowl Visions!

Had a great time today even though it was sooo cold! Picked up 3 nice cages from cmom
and 3 beautiful little Showgirls from SharedAcres. Hope all of you that entered the show
did well!

018-1.jpg

019.jpg

SILKIES (of people I know)
Cock Splash 1-Sunshine
Hen Splash 1-Shared Acres 2-Sunshine
Cockeral Splash 1-Sunshine (& RV) 2-Shared Acres 3-Sunshine
Pullet Splash 1-Sunshine (RV &RB) 2-Sunshine 3-Sunshine 4-Sunshine
Cock White (Didn't know anyone in this category)
Hen White 1-Amie (BV & BB) 2-Sunshine Sunshine
Cockeral White 1-Sunshine (RV) 2-Shared Acres
Pullet White 1Sunshine

SHOWGIRL
White 1-Shared Acres (BV)
Buff 1-Shared Acres (BV)

The other person who was supposed to be showing Showgirls didn't show up, so I was the ONLY one there with Showgirls. Out of the Silkies & Showgirls (32 total) I had the only buff, which surprised me.

I brought 5 birds, 3 Silkies and 2 Showgirls. And all placed 2nd place or better.

It was really great to see all of the BYC peeps that made it to the show. It was really cold but we hung in there are tried to recruit more BYC members. A lot of people stopped by our table We had a great time. Even though it was very cold I enjoyed it. Just looked at the weather report for our swap next Sat. 73 degrees with scattered thunder storms. We are cleaning out the barn so we can set up in there but the forecast may change as we still have a week to go. Many times it rains all around us and we don't get any. I better bite my tongue...

My kids participated in the Junior Show. Of the birds they showed:

Cochin Cock Bantam took BV, BB, and Best Feather Leg
Cochin Pullet Bantam took RV, RB, and Reserve Feather Leg
OEGB Wheaten Pullet was RV
OEGB Blue Splash (that we bought from Sunshine Silkies at the BYC Show in G'Ville) took BV
Rosecomb Cock was 2nd

Tomorrow, we see how they faired with their showmanship....

Back
Top Bottom