2010 Florida Sunshine Classic Info & Entry Form

Quote:
Oh no, that's terrible! I went yesterday and enjoyed seeing everyone. Congrats to all on their winnings! It definitely was COLD...the poor little Modern Games with their long skinny legs were even shivering! I picked up a splash Silkie pair from sunshinesilkies (THANKS, Vicki!) and 1 OEGB splash hen & 2 pullets (1 splash & 1 black) from a guy out of Alabama. All chickies are doing great this morning! Also, my DH came with me (his 1st chicken show!) and got to meet everyone. I bought the book, A Pocketfull of Poultry, for him and he read it on the drive up. I'm so glad I did that because he really enjoyed seeing all the breeds he read about in the book.
I'd love to see pics when everyone gets a chance to post them! I'm now getting ready for cmom's swap next Saturday.
smile.png

Quote:
My hen was on Champion row and I missed the award show also. When I got there at 9:15 I found out she won Reserve LF Grand Champion (I was extremely pleased). I wish I had been there for the awards presentation though:(.

Quote:
My hen was on Champion row and I missed the award show also. When I got there at 9:15 I found out she won Reserve LF Grand Champion (I was extremely pleased). I wish I had been there for the awards presentation though:(.

rant.gif
Good Grief...and your first show, too! I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm thrilled for you that your hen won Reserve LF Grand Champion! Can we see a pic of her?

For our first event with the BYC banner, despite it being very cold (the thermometer in my car said 29 degrees) we did it. We had to set up outside. We set up the tables directly across from the entrance/exit of the parking area. Everyone had to pass us. We met a lot of new people and hopefully new members. There were also a lot of BYC members we already knew there and some we met for the first time. A great time was had by all.

Everyone was inside the show barn either warming up or seeing how their birds placed as the judging took most of the day but we always had someone outside at the tables. Vicki (sunshinesilkies) and her DH had a trailer set up next to the tables to keep the chicks warm and us too. I hope others post some of the pics they took.
003-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Vickie, Just how cold was it standing out there all day to do your part to promote BYC

16662_sunshine_classic_006.jpg

Not only was it 3 degrees below fridgid but as the flags can attest, it was also breezy

16662_sunshine_classic_009.jpg

But it was great to see everyone and congratulations to those who placed in the show. We look forward to seeing everyone at cmom's this next weekend. Hey cmom, turn on the heaters!!!

Back
Top Bottom