2011 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

What about breed club forums. A place for breed and breed club specific discussions. Most breed clubs have their own forums, either on yahoo groups or a proboard. Would be nice to have them available on BYC. Perhaps the breed club's elected secretary could be appointed as moderator for the respective breed club section.

Quote:
That's technically against the rules: 9. Do not promote other websites that are "similar" to BackYardChickens, for example, other chicken/poultry forums. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.

But if you want to start a thread with the club name it would attract those members. If the First Poster did link to the club it might or might not be left there...

Example

Thread title in Breeds/Genetics/Showing

"Olive Egger club of Florida"

First Post

"Hi, I'm FireTiger or FireTigeris, and (I started/I'm in) a club at (link goes here) for Olive eggers- feel free to post here for any questions you have about this club here and have fun, all current members are invited to post pictures and just talk."

Don't see the point of making new ppl mods, or mod team is excellent.

I think there needs to be a place where we can post complaints about purchasing eggs or chicks. I've heard several complaints about people taking money for chicks and not delivering, or returning the money -- or not communicating with purchasers.

This is not right. The breeder could have a chance to defend their position, but the general public could also check to see if a breeder had complaints lodged against them before buying.

Sort of a Better Business Bureau for hatching eggs and chicks
smile.png

Quote:
We have a feedback system here.

I think they mean by sellers elsewhere also. Ie-eBay, local, websites, etc

My only thing would be maybe a mobile version or an app. So I can upload pics without using the stupid photobucket app.

How about removing the "where are you" forum and replacing it with regional forums and inside those have subforums for each state? This would allow MANY different topics allowed for a single state making the site way more functional for local networking!

A board reader app for mobile phones that use the Android system. I often have a few odd minutes here and there where I could catch up with the board but there's no app to do this with a mobile device. I'm sure this is true for many others as well.

A.T. Hagan :

A board reader app for mobile phones that use the Android system. I often have a few odd minutes here and there where I could catch up with the board but there's no app to do this with a mobile device. I'm sure this is true for many others as well.

Just curious, does your mobile browser in Android handle the site?

Does anyone asking for gravitor/android/iphone apps know an apps programmer?

I mean if there's a programmer around... or three...​

My android handles the site fine, but my Blackberry had issues.

I stand by my request from previous years, that the button for "Show your posts" goes on the bar at the top. It's much better for negotiating for me than any other way, and I hate to have to go through the dance of "Recent Posts" then 'End' button on my keyboard or scroll to the bottom of the page, then hit "Show your posts" to get to what is personally most relevant, most recently.

I know the argument about not much space up there, but it's not just me who uses it this way! I swear!

Back
Top Bottom