2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

One of my hatching goslings has a bit of yellow liquid underneath the inner membrane. Is this normal? or am I dealing with a ruptured yolk sac?

My Sebastopol goose only laid 2 fertile eggs this year, so I really want these goslings to survive.

I have a gosling hatching it is external pipping or actually singing/chirping even over the sound of the fan and tv at times. I can let it go and let it do it's own thing?? I have never incubated anything, please respond. Thanks You Kris

One of my hatching goslings has a bit of yellow liquid underneath the inner membrane. Is this normal? or am I dealing with a ruptured yolk sac?

My Sebastopol goose only laid 2 fertile eggs this year, so I really want these goslings to survive.
Is it still in the egg?

Krisg- I would bet the gosling will be out soon. Only intervene if you really think its stuck or something. You could cause it to bleed out if it hasn't absorbed all the yolk yet. If you can hear it, that is a good sign.

Quote:
Nope, she hatched a couple of hours ago but there is still a problem. Her navel is not right. It's not yolk, but rather it looks like a hernia. Poor baby...
That will go away. Is she still in the bator? Sometimes I will keep them in for another 1/2 day to let them fully absorb it. You'd be surprised how it just disappears.

Quote:
Nope, she hatched a couple of hours ago but there is still a problem. Her navel is not right. It's not yolk, but rather it looks like a hernia. Poor baby...
That will go away. Is she still in the bator? Sometimes I will keep them in for another 1/2 day to let them fully absorb it. You'd be surprised how it just disappears.

Yes, she is still in the incubator and she will stay there until I feel she is ready. I've hatched many times before, but I've never seen anything like this. It doesn't seem like something she will be able to absorb.

I'm really worried about her... I'll try to post a picture of it in the morning.

Thanks for your advice.
smile.png

I have a hatched gosling!! This one is loud and busy and not even dried off yet. One of the other eggs with this one has externally pipped so this will hopefullu have a sibling. Thanks for all your support and kind words I really appreciate it. Pete the "hatching egg guru" thank you for posting all of the excellent information for incubation and hatching, it was very helpful, even though I was a basket case here at home in the end. Thanks Kris

Back
Top Bottom