2013 Spring Seed Swap

I'm sending 12..

4 Luffa
3 Spaghetti Squash
3 Acorn Squash
2 Butternut Squash

Lol.. i started doing a couple of quick sketches.. then my mind went blank.. so only 2 have the sketches.. the rest I cheated and went with stickers!
(I marked them on the back with name of plant and planting info.. just the bare basics)

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow!
ep.gif
Wow, I have not even started mine, but garuntee they will not be nearly as pretty.

Those are really cute, I should have posted pics of mine, oh well. I didn't know where to get the little brown envelops so I made mine, and embroidered them.

Last edited:
Don't worry. They will look waaaay better than mine too and I haven't even started on them yet! I have never proclaimed to be an artist. I can do almost anything BUT draw.
Sad thing is I WANTED to do sketches on all of mine.. but the brain cell flat lined (toothache and double doses of naproxin Sodium helped with that)... Mine are nothing fancy.. stickers from walmart on most

Even the two I did do rough sketches on that are just that.. rough.. I started to make them a bit better... then I thought.. "I have 12 to make.. they are supposed to be decorated seed packets.. not trading cards!". lol.. and they sure aren't ATCs.. but they are what happened when I started scribbling..

I wanna see the embroidered ones.. now THAT takes a lot of work! (I don't think my fingers would even come close to handling that)

In all honesty I was going to put pictures of the gourds and squash on them.. then I thought.. "well.. a spaghetti squash looks like a big yellow blob.. an acorn squash looks like a big dark green blob. and a butternut nut squash looks like a big tan blob... " Somehow those didn't say "SPRING" to me!

I also wish I could have found chicken stickers.. but tie-dyed duckies were the closest that i could find without running into the city

Besides this is a seed swap.. not a "pretty picture on an envelope swap". So I will save the ATCs for another day.. and another swap.. lol

Sad thing is I WANTED to do sketches on all of mine.. but the brain cell flat lined (toothache and double doses of naproxin Sodium helped with that)... Mine are nothing fancy.. stickers from walmart on most

Even the two I did do rough sketches on that are just that.. rough.. I started to make them a bit better... then I thought.. "I have 12 to make.. they are supposed to be decorated seed packets.. not trading cards!". lol.. and they sure aren't ATCs.. but they are what happened when I started scribbling..

I wanna see the embroidered ones.. now THAT takes a lot of work! (I don't think my fingers would even come close to handling that)

In all honesty I was going to put pictures of the gourds and squash on them.. then I thought.. "well.. a spaghetti squash looks like a big yellow blob.. an acorn squash looks like a big dark green blob. and a butternut nut squash looks like a big tan blob... " Somehow those didn't say "SPRING" to me!

I also wish I could have found chicken stickers.. but tie-dyed duckies were the closest that i could find without running into the city

Besides this is a seed swap.. not a "pretty picture on an envelope swap". So I will save the ATCs for another day.. and another swap.. lol
Love your reasoning!
lau.gif
They are really cute and worth saving to store seeds again :)

Well those are really cute even if they are stickers and maybe bockbock2008 will post a pic of one of mine, didn't even think about it and they are really simple so don't get too excited. I printed instructions and a small pic of what the plant is supposed to look like and put it in the packet with the seeds. I tried to make them look like an ole fashioned seed packet. Who ever gets mine will have a story to go with them, they are from a heirloom collection from our near by Resort, now I'm sure you can buy these seeds on the market but they won't be from the heirloom collection from Barnsley Gardens here is the link http://www.barnsleyresort.com/ I used to work there so I had the inside connection. Oh and they reseed themselves so you will have them for years to come.

Just sent mine in the mail. I'm sending twelve ... 3 san marzano tomato, 2 each of lettuce blend, parsley, and an heirloom flower mix, and 1 each of parsnips (for whoever requested those), yellow meated watermelon, and a cantalope type melon. Here's some of the finished packs. Had fun decorating and designing!

Oh, I'd love some garlic bulbs Kassandra! I hadn't read through the whole thread in a few days. Love the pics posted already. Mine aren't necessarily "springy" but I tried to paint pics as best I could. I wrote instructions for each kind on the backs of them.

I sealed my bubble envelope, ready to take to post office tomorrow, and realized when I read the above post, that I didnt include any instructions
ep.gif

I'm sending 12 packets total, the majority being Crepe Myrtle and Confederate Rose seeds, which are labled (along with a couple of random store bought seeds that aren't spring themed, these do have instructions).

I found this regarding confederate rose

th.gif
I'm sorry
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom