2014 breeding season begins, post your results

No sell all the eggs, don't be greedy
tongue.png
I tried, no one called, lol. Going to set all but six, those I'm going to ship on Tuesday.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I congratulate everyone. This is my second yr. to try and hatch peafowl. Last yr I bought 9 eggs from eBay 3 hatched one messed up its cord and died not long after hatching one had leg trouble had to kill it the other lasted about 3 monthes and got killed. So I bought 4 more from eBay and nothing they were all scrambled, so for my last try I bought 6 from a breeder about 2 hour drive from me here hoping for so luck.

So sorry to hear that, hopefully you will have better luck with the local eggs.
fl.gif
USPS has been scrambling a lot of eggs lately, some I received were scrambled and some I sent look like they got roughed up as well. Making it very difficult to buy/sell/trade anything with a yolk!

I congratulate everyone. This is my second yr. to try and hatch peafowl. Last yr I bought 9 eggs from eBay 3 hatched one messed up its cord and died not long after hatching one had leg trouble had to kill it the other lasted about 3 monthes and got killed. So I bought 4 more from eBay and nothing they were all scrambled, so for my last try I bought 6 from a breeder about 2 hour drive from me here hoping for so luck.
Good luck with your six!

-Kathy

Well your brooding hen will try to get them hatch all on the same day. I had one peafowl egg hatch on 24 days. I had the incubator around 101 Fahrenheit I think. I try to have my incubator around 100 and 98 Fahrenheit. Heat affects how fast the embryo develops and hens know how to get the eggs to start hatching around the same time so some eggs she speeds up a lot and some she will slow down a lot. I just want it to be the second week in June because that's when my eggs should be hatching, or at least the three I have in my incubator. I think Jadea is trying to keep some eggs to herself but I have one giant problem, the rooster of my chickens she would attack to get him away from the nest and now that she is constantly focused on the nest the rooster runs over and spurs her, that rooster got attacked by my male once Jadea let out a cry Colbolt was chasing that rooster everywhere. I'm hoping that my new pen will be built by this weekend and then I can let Colbolt and Jadea have their own pen to breed and have chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom