2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Brooder before chicks:

Brooder with chicks:

Here are a few sleeping under "Yellow Mama"

Still have three in the bator that have some problems.

-Kathy

I could cry...
hit.gif

Out of my 2012 hen with white flights and spot on throat by 2012 boy with the same white markings. This one also zipped past the air cell and suffocated.

-Kathy
I'll cry for you
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Cuz I needed/wanted to hatch a White baby too, and unfortunately my one and only chance to hatch one this season failed
sad.png

Since we are only a couple hours apart or so, maybe we can hook up and do a trade later this season - one of my Dark Pieds for one of your Split to Whites?
big_smile.png

Do you guys think this a silver pied chick?

It has few colored feathers on his neck and his back, also 3 or 4 colored feathers on the right wing. I have seen some whites peafowls before with few colored feathers which people just call it white not sp, so is this a sp?
He came out from my bronze pen, the male is splading bronze split white and bs, he is penned with three hens, a bronze white eye, splading bronze hen and splading pied hen.
I'm not sure if i can get sp chicks from this pen, i will try to take better pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
What are the chances of,,,,a so far all yellow-white chick with dark running down it's backbone to become a bronze pied? Just checked the hatcher and both bronze chicks hatched are from the pied hen. One has white flights and the other at this point is all white-yellow,except for the dark streek running down it's spine.I hope it looks bronze but either way this is my first year mixing pieds-bssp in with regular colors.
New2,,is the little squirt trying to display already??
Odds are very high.

Do you guys think this a silver pied chick?

It has few colored feathers on his neck and his back, also 3 or 4 colored feathers on the right wing. I have seen some whites peafowls before with few colored feathers which people just call it white not sp, so is this a sp?
He came out from my bronze pen, the male is splading bronze split white and bs, he is penned with three hens, a bronze white eye, splading bronze hen and splading pied hen.
I'm not sure if i can get sp chicks from this pen, i will try to take better pictures tomorrow.
You should not get SP chicks from that pen but you never know. They might have been split to other stuff and you just were not told. If that is a patch of color by your thumb It would seem SP is a possibility but it may just be a really pretty pied.

Quote:
Out of my 2012 hen with white flights and spot on throat by 2012 boy with the same white markings. This one also zipped past the air cell and suffocated.

-Kathy
I'll cry for you
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Cuz I needed/wanted to hatch a White baby too, and unfortunately my one and only chance to hatch one this season failed
sad.png

Since we are only a couple hours apart or so, maybe we can hook up and do a trade later this season - one of my Dark Pieds for one of your Split to Whites?
big_smile.png
Sorry you missed your chance! Yeah, I'd be interested in a trade, might also just be willing to give you one of my split white males. Wow, in a serious funk right now, can't believe my first white chick died. Could kick myself, all I had to do was peel away some of the shell. Sigh...

-Kathy

All but one are under yellow Mama now. That one is one that I should cull, but can't quite yet. It had tried to internally pip through the shell, not the air cell! Still has a super fat neck and belly, and because of it, couldn't walk, so it was on it's hocks and now has two slipped tendons. For now it's in sling and I'll be tubing it.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom