2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Hey FBC where are ya?
The merlot must be gone by now...where are the pictures???
caf.gif

This is day 26 for my 4 ebay eggs and 3 of them have hatched. 2 were there and dry when I got up this morning and 1 hatched this afternoon. The remaining egg I'm reasonably sure is an non starter, just haven't had the heart to throw it out. Of the "guinea" eggs I had with them in the incubator 3 turned out to be bantams, hatching at 19,20, and 22 days, 3 so far were guineas, hatching at 24,25, &26 days. There are "guinea" and the 1 pea egg left. I removed 2 as non starters at 2 weeks. I've never had them hatch this early before, I think it may have been because of the temp & humidity. I'll post pics if I can.

My ebay eggs hatched early too. I think they must have incubated in the heat during transport. Either that or our incubators are running a little hot! I've got some javas in the incubator now, which are supposed to hatch at 26 days. It will be interesting to see how long they take...fingers crossed! LOL

This is day 26 for my 4 ebay eggs and 3 of them have hatched. 2 were there and dry when I got up this morning and 1 hatched this afternoon. The remaining egg I'm reasonably sure is an non starter, just haven't had the heart to throw it out. Of the "guinea" eggs I had with them in the incubator 3 turned out to be bantams, hatching at 19,20, and 22 days, 3 so far were guineas, hatching at 24,25, &26 days. There are "guinea" and the 1 pea egg left. I removed 2 as non starters at 2 weeks. I've never had them hatch this early before, I think it may have been because of the temp & humidity. I'll post pics if I can.

All of my guineas hatched at 25 days this year

I'm in the same boat, none of my guineas took the full 28 days this year, all hatched a day or two early and they were always put in the incubator with a batch of pea eggs at the same time, the peas have been dead accurate at 28 days and chickens at 21 days in the same incubator... Temp is as close to 99.5° as you can get, verified with 3 or 4 know good thermometers at all times...

Back
Top Bottom