2015 COTURNIX QUAIL THREAD!!!!!!

new to quails 4 female 1 male

no eggs yet but it's only been 4 days. any tips and advice would be very helpful and appreciated. I have a pvc pipe feeder I made and a light. what strength of light is actually needed? how often should it be cleaned? I have a multi floor coop but they seem to only stay on the first level is this because they are not comfortable yet? thanks!

new to quails 4 female 1 male

no eggs yet but it's only been 4 days. any tips and advice would be very helpful and appreciated. I have a pvc pipe feeder I made and a light. what strength of light is actually needed? how often should it be cleaned? I have a multi floor coop but they seem to only stay on the first level is this because they are not comfortable yet? thanks!

And, welcome to BYC! I just saw you have just joined the forum! So many helpful folks here.

jchny2000 Thank you! super excited! I know two are like ten weeks and I think the other two are older and should be laying not exactly sure how old. I have put a light in there for at least 12 hrs a day but I try to get them 14 hrs of daylight. :)

jchny2000 Thank you! super excited! I know two are like ten weeks and I think the other two are older and should be laying not exactly sure how old. I have put a light in there for at least 12 hrs a day but I try to get them 14 hrs of daylight.
smile.png

You're welcome. Post pictures when you can of the chests especially so we can tell you for sure what you have. I love my quail, the eggs are so awesome for a snack. DD and I hard boil a batch, and have peeling contests to see who gets the longest peel.

Back
Top Bottom