2015 Pacific Poultry Breeders Association Show NOW MODESTO

Anyone in California, in need of some icelandic cockerels?! My chicks are from whippoorwill farm. Out of 8 eggs, I hatched out 2 pullets and 5 cockerels! Lol
they are 7 wks tomorrow.

I have a refurbished humidair that I'm looking to sell. We redid the seals on the door, put in digital controls ( the old ones are still there and work if you want them too) new water pan, 2 hatching trays on the bottom, and it holds about 144 eggs per tray, so around a thousand eggs? maybe a bit less. Its a monster and too big for me, but I did love it. But it is overkill for like 100 eggs at a time, heh.

I also have some smooth sizzle showgirls, a few ginger showgirl roosters, a pair of young bresse, and some partridge silkies available, as well as 2 very nice RIRs I could bring. PM for pictures and prices, it will take too long to post all of them via the phone. But here is the incubator

get all of them to post.

I'll be at the show Saturday. If anyone wants an assortment of eggs.
Cream legbars, Bresse, BBS Marans , BCM Marans, BBS OE,
I will include 3-4 breeds depending on availability. 1 dozen available
PM me for more details. Eggs are $4 each

Last edited:
Your Marans are lovely Dawn!
big_smile.png

I'm hatching Blue/Black Marans this spring, for a little Olive Egger project I have in the works...
Thanks, Jeremy! You'll have to come up again and see my newest coop...! :) I used a pony shelter up by my barn that we weren't using, added a 23 x 15 ft run...

enclosed part of the inside of the shelter:

And added gates so they have the run of the horse paddock:

So fun to create!

TO; All interested parties planning on attending or exhibiting at the Annual PPBA Show

FROM; Jim Sallee, President, Pacific Poultry Breeders

This is an update as of Monday January 26th. All systems are go for the show this week end. I know there are a lot of false rumors going around but we are going to have a nice show. Entries are just under 2100 birds and the problems with the virus are very limited and the problem has been delimited to a very small section a considerable distance from the show site. We have our own Poultry Health Inspection team and there may be some visual inspection from State Vets who will have a booth to answer questions about Avian Influenza. We will work together on keeping our birds healthy and protected. So far all tests in the surrounding area have been negative.

If you are coming from out of State, especially from the North, bring your NPIP papers OR a Health certificate. California rules state that one should always have a health check prior to entry and border inspectors may or may not check them upon entry. We will be receiving birds after 2pm on Friday and will release birds after the completion of judging around 9:30 on Sunday morning. Any sick birds will be removed immediately and will cooped separately from the show site to prevent contamination. If there are any changes I will advise immediately.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

Thanks for posting this, Walt.

Anyone going to the show have a breeding pair/trio of SQ Black Silkies from a dedicated black line? My son is looking for them for his 4-H project.

Last edited:
More information.

Poultry quarantine lifted in SE Washington

By Associated Press Jan 27, 2015
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - The Washington Agriculture Department has lifted a quarantine that restricted the movement of eggs, poultry and poultry products in parts of southeast Washington after avian flu was found in two Benton County backyard flocks in December.

The department said Tuesday that the outbreak doesn't appear to have spread beyond those two sites. The quarantine covered parts of Benton and Franklin counties.

Department spokesman Hector Castro says veterinarians with the state and the U.S. Department of Agriculture visited about 1,800 sites and tested samples from birds at more than 70 locations. All were negative for avian flu.

A second quarantine remains in effect in parts of Clallam County, where a flock was confirmed to be infected in mid-January. The Peninsula Daily News quotes Castro as saying that testing there is expected to continue into the near future, but inspectors "are close to wrapping up."

None of the avian viruses detected in Washington have been associated with human illnesses and there is no immediate public health concern.

The virus has not been found in any commercial poultry operations in Washington.

Avian flu does not affect poultry meat or egg products.

Walt

Hi all! My 8-year old 4-H'er and I are planning to go up Friday afternoon to look for her first show bird(s). This is our first time looking for SQ birds, but we've had laying hens for several years. We've been told that the best breeds for beginners are bantams w/o feathered legs (i.e. Modern Game). Anyone going who will be selling these, or know other breeders I could get in touch with before the show? We're in the city so we need hens only. Thanks in advance!!

Regina

Does anyone know of a breeder for D'anvers Millie Fleur that will be at this show? I have 4-Her's wanting to show these birds. Thank you. I have a breeder for D'uccle but the feathered feet for first time showers (sp) are not ideal. I have pretty small kids and they are not to interested in OEGB.

Back
Top Bottom