2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Hey miss Lydia and janet! Long time no talk! I went through some personal stuff last summer and as my geese, most of my birds actually. But I'm ready to start again! I've ordered an adult pair of Oregon mini frillback geese from holderreads. They should be here this month, so hoping they settle in and possibly may a few eggs. Hoping I can join in hatching with you all!
smile.png

Oregon mini frillback geese??? !!!! ????

Pics???????? Did they send you pics when you ordered them????

Here are my white Africans, enjoying the last few days of freedom before lockdown next week. I really feel bad about penning these guys (unlike my dewlaps who do not seem to care). If I didn't want to hatch a few of their babies I wouldn't bother. But if I don't get a lot of interest for their eggs, then it will be a very temporary situation for them.

Here are my white Africans, enjoying the last few days of freedom before lockdown next week. I really feel bad about penning these guys (unlike my dewlaps who do not seem to care). If I didn't want to hatch a few of their babies I wouldn't bother. But if I don't get a lot of interest for their eggs, then it will be a very temporary situation for them.

They are gorgeous J.

Glad to hear it! Hope you will share in our hatch a long. My tumblers turned out to be a pair of females, so try as they do, they will never produce babies.
big_smile.png
They are pretty much only for decoration, but are low maintenance and easy to handle. I won't get any more after these two pass, but I'm glad I was able to save the 1st girl, find her a companion and give her a good life. There is a Taganrog tumbler breeder not far from me, but not sure if he ships.

Hi, everyone! I was given a goose egg to put in my incubator by a friend's mother and I know next to nothing about geese as well as incubation of goose eggs. I have read a little since popping it into my incubator with my chicken eggs so I know they incubate longer (28 days) and require a higher humidity than chicken eggs. Kinda confused on the floating the egg every few days in water though. I have been wetting the egg to make sure it doesn't get too dry. Candled it last night and it is developing and had movement in the egg. Any information you may be able to pass along would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know of any certain sites that have good info, please point out the way. Thanks a lot!!
frow.gif

Hi, everyone! I was given a goose egg to put in my incubator by a friend's mother and I know next to nothing about geese as well as incubation of goose eggs. I have read a little since popping it into my incubator with my chicken eggs so I know they incubate longer (28 days) and require a higher humidity than chicken eggs. Kinda confused on the floating the egg every few days in water though. I have been wetting the egg to make sure it doesn't get too dry. Candled it last night and it is developing and had movement in the egg. Any information you may be able to pass along would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know of any certain sites that have good info, please point out the way. Thanks a lot!!
frow.gif
Most goose hatchers use this guide https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed

Back
Top Bottom