2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Discussion in 'Geese' started by servpolice, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Mystery eggs? [​IMG]

2. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Haha. Yes. For instance, I saw one of my brown Africans march to the side of the house today by herself. After a bit, I checked and there I found 3 eggs in a well tended nest. I can assume at least one is from my brown girl, but cannot say where the others came from. So those would be mystery eggs. I can also give you a total mix of eggs from all breeds.

3. Oooo a mix. All of these options are so tempting especially since my nest was raided and my girls are having to start over. My head is spinning at the thought of a mixed flock wattling around the yard and playing in the pond

4. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland

I candled 3 of the eggs a hour ago and 2/3 look to be fertile! So we're in a heck of a surprise!

5. Snapped some pics today while unloading feed, my babies followed me up the driveway to the barn to clean up my "accidental spills" lol
    My two boys. Tufted Chinese in front and my White Chinese behind.
    [​IMG]
    My tufted Chinese female. Will be 2 in May.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stormy and the tufted Chinese gander. Both will be 3 this year.
    [​IMG]
    Ethel(right) and her 2 daughters
    [​IMG]
    And the whole group
    [​IMG]

6. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Beautiful! There's something about Stormy that I like but she is really nice

7. Something that you like? Or don't like? LoL
    And thanks! Hopefully I get something from them. I can't figure out what is raiding the nests and eating the eggs. No tracks are left in the mud.

8. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    8geese, you have a nice variety of geese and I think you'd enjoy a mix. How about $35 (including shipping) for a 6 pack of eggs?

9. That's a heck of a deal. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Plus it's the right time of year, I usually started the first part of March. I have never tried mailed eggs before, though.

10. JanetMarie

JanetMarie Overrun With Chickens

Oct 23, 2014
    Michiana
    Anyone incubating Cotton Patch eggs?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by