2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Congrats again, Serv! You are having a wonderful hatching season.
big_smile.png

Mine is definitely not going as well. My buff dewlap's two eggs look dead so no babies to look forward to this week. I do have 2 white eggs on day 21, and 3 white eggs and 2 dewlaps on day 14. I gathered up a few more dewlap eggs and am debating on setting them today, but they will throw 50/50 grey and buff so no guarantees of actually getting buffs, assuming they are even fertile this late in the season.

Can some one tell me what my 5 year old daughters about 4 week old gosling is.. we don't know what breed it is or sexs...

Last edited:
I must be crazy to set so many mixed color dewlap eggs since I only want buff babies, but this appears to be my only chance for buff this year. So.... last night I set 9 more eggs. 2 will throw 75% grey/25% buff girl, 2 will throw 50/50 buff/grey and the last 5 will throw grey boys/buff girls. I already have 12 greys vs 6 buffs, so really don't want more grey but I may get super lucky and hatch more buffs than greys (assuming they even develop).

I must be crazy to set so many mixed color dewlap eggs since I only want buff babies, but this appears to be my only chance for buff this year.  So.... last night I set 9 more eggs.  2 will throw 75% grey/25% buff girl, 2 will throw 50/50 buff/grey and the last 5 will throw grey boys/buff girls.  I already have 12 greys vs 6 buffs, so really don't want more grey but I may get super lucky and hatch more buffs than greys (assuming they even develop).

Are these Toulouse or African?? Im in search of some giant Dewlap Toulouse eggs

I must be crazy to set so many mixed color dewlap eggs since I only want buff babies, but this appears to be my only chance for buff this year.  So.... last night I set 9 more eggs.  2 will throw 75% grey/25% buff girl, 2 will throw 50/50 buff/grey and the last 5 will throw grey boys/buff girls.  I already have 12 greys vs 6 buffs, so really don't want more grey but I may get super lucky and hatch more buffs than greys (assuming they even develop).

It's not crazy it's fun! I have been very lucky with the amount of buff females I got. Though I do think the 2 out of 3 of the goslings from my buff pair might be buff males but time will tell.
So far I think I have 5 males and 6 females.

Also one brown pair is walking around with a male brown gosling and Sloppy Joe and Barbara have a buff African female who is protected heavily by me :D

Sloppy Joe and Barbara and their daughter.

Can't get a picture of the other pair as the mother is sleeping and the gander is being mean :L

Also,found out today that my Embden hatched her goslings too. There were 7 good eggs so I'm guessing 7 goslings we'll see tomorrow hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom