2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Serv, your buff girl is adorable! You and your broodies have been very successful this year. How many goslings do you have at this point? Seems like I'm getting a later start this year than usual, but my first pair of white African eggs should go into lockdown in less than a week.

jwl, the buff/grey eggs I just set are dewlap Toulouse eggs. :)

Serv, your buff girl is adorable!  You and your broodies have been very successful this year.  How many goslings do you have at this point?  Seems like I'm getting a later start this year than usual, but my first pair of white African eggs should go into lockdown in less than a week. 

jwl, the buff/grey eggs I just set are dewlap Toulouse eggs.  :)

One broody wasn't as good as she broke most of her eggs because she was sharing a nest which I never allow so I separated their nests.
So far I incubated 12 goslings 1 mixed 8 buffs and 3 browns.
Then there is the buff female with Sloppy Joe and a male gosling with another pair.
My Embden hatched her goslings and is walking around with 7 goslings.
2 males and 5 females ;)
So I've 19 goslings so far with hopefully 6 more in the incubator this weekend and a buff and brown female are both brooding

The other pairs gosling who's male

The brown gander is not the father he's only 10 months old.
Big Joe (sloppy Joes father) is the father but the mother is in the picture.

New babies means more fighting

Serv, your buff girl is adorable!  You and your broodies have been very successful this year.  How many goslings do you have at this point?  Seems like I'm getting a later start this year than usual, but my first pair of white African eggs should go into lockdown in less than a week. 

jwl, the buff/grey eggs I just set are dewlap Toulouse eggs.  :)

Will you be selling/shipping eggs this year?

Thank you to everyone for all the help (and helpful posts that I read) here on getting my babies hatched! Shipped eggs. 7 set. 2 were not fertile. The remaining 5 all hatched! The little balls of fluff are all happy and fluffy. (And, now I can stop agonizing and stressing over those eggs. LOL)

That's a lot of goslings, Serv! It didn't take you long to rebuild your numbers. I had hoped to hatch 5-6 total of white Africans and buff dewlaps. So far I have only had the one surprise hatch of four mixed breed goslings.
barnie.gif
But I expect that to change with my bator now full of eggs. Fingers crossed I will hatch my first ever white African gosling in 7 days.

jwl, I sent you a pm.

allergymama, congrats on a very successful hatch. They are adorable!

Out of 4 eggs I did end up hatching two the first was fine the second had a bum leg and wasnt growing so I ended up euthanizing it as its eye was getting sunken in and watery and started getting pasty butt. But my first hatch is doing great! Has a new sibling that hatched the 22nd. So hes a giant compared to the baby. Im almost positive hes a boy based on his attitude.

That's a lot of goslings, Serv!  It didn't take you long to rebuild your numbers.  I had hoped to hatch 5-6 total of white Africans and buff dewlaps.  So far I have only had the one surprise hatch of four mixed breed goslings.  :barnie  But I expect that to change with my bator now full of eggs.  Fingers crossed I will hatch my first ever white African gosling in 7 days.

jwl, I sent you a pm.

allergymama, congrats on a very successful hatch.  They are adorable!

Cheers! I'm here just waiting for those whites to pop out any day ;)
Batch 3 is supposed to hatch Tuesday but the eggs look like they are going to hatch sooner.
Love to see buff toulouse gozzles too ;)

My hatching schedule is as follows: 2 whites scheduled to hatch in 5 days; 3 whites and 2 grey dewlaps scheduled to hatch in 12 days; 2 whites scheduled to hatch in 20 days (under a broody) and buff & grey dewlaps in 26 days. That's it, unless a broody hatches more surprise babies.

Can't wait to show pics!

Oh so atleast you have a lot of them coming on the way. Yes pictures have to come as soon as the goslings grow up!
It's so interesting to see all breeds as goslings and see them grow up.
Batch 3 is pipping and out of 6 eggs 3 external pipped. 2 Brown and one buff meaning two males one female so far ;)
Batch 1 and 2 are growing fast and like to challenge eachother now and then silly gozzles
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom