2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

I'm getting pretty good with this pH. The goose on the right is Esther, the dedicated one. She's camera shy.

Here's a better pix of her.

Well, I have good news and bad news. Bad news is my bator temps were definitely too low in the beginning and most of my eggs quit again. Good news is I have one huge dewlap baby out of a 235g egg that should finish hatching out in a few hours (on day 30). I expect it will be a grey boy (carrying buff gene). I assume that because his egg was so much larger than the rest, the temps were not too low for him. I did put one white egg into lock down with my dewlap egg and it internally pipped yesterday, but has yet to externally pip. Based on how things have gone so far this season, I am not overly optimistic this baby will hatch.

I also checked my two white eggs under my broody yesterday. It appears that one egg quit but the other is developing nicely on day 21. Since my luck has been awful in getting any whites, I set 7 more eggs from my white goose yesterday. She is back with the group so not sure if any brown boys have mated with her, but I figured what the heck.

Well, I have good news and bad news.  Bad news is my bator temps were definitely too low in the beginning and most of my eggs quit again.  Good news is I have one huge dewlap baby out of a 235g egg that should finish hatching out in a few hours (on day 30).  I expect it will be a grey boy (carrying buff gene).  I assume that because his egg was so much larger than the rest, the temps were not too low for him. I did put one white egg  into lock down with my dewlap egg and it internally pipped yesterday, but has yet to externally pip.  Based on how things have gone so far this season, I am not overly optimistic this baby will hatch.

I also checked my two white eggs under my broody yesterday.  It appears that one egg quit but the other is developing nicely on day 21. Since my luck has been awful in getting any whites, I set 7 more eggs from my white goose yesterday.  She is back with the group so not sure if any brown boys have mated with her, but I figured what the heck.  

Oh no :(
Your broody will do the job on the other whites for sure!
Atleast you've the dewlap hatch!
Hope the best for the other 7 whites!
Such a shame

Here are my babies. They will be a month old Friday. This was after they dried off a bit from their "bath" and were being transported to the yard to play.

Head shot of everyone

My super tufted gossie lol with pretty blue eyes

Look at that volume lol

They all have the features and stance of a white chinese!
I love it
1f602.png

Nice afro
All nice colours too

Back
Top Bottom