2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

So i've moved the goslings to their new plot (about an acre).

They are lazy lumps and are getting use to their new enclosure

I even got the pool ready and yet they just don't care
1f602.png

Mother hen took over the other pen again with her chicks

My dewlap egg hatched early this morning and much to my surprise, it is a buff girl!!
wee.gif

The white egg I put into hatcher with my most awesome new buff girl is still alive, but once again has turned into the wrong position. As such I do not expect it to externally pip and hatch. But at least I got a buff baby!!

My dewlap egg hatched early this morning and much to my surprise, it is a buff girl!! :weee Very sweet!! My dewlap Toulouse goose (Esther), has come off the nest and so has the other dewlap goose. I'm glad they did it by themselves and not be shocked by missing eggs. Thanks again for your help. The white egg I put into hatcher with my most awesome new buff girl is still alive, but once again has turned into the wrong position. As such I do not expect it to externally pip and hatch. But at least I got a buff baby!!

Thanks, guys! I'm super excited about my newest addition! She is so big... at less than 12 hours old, she is already twice the size of my 2.5 week old chicks. I tried to introduce her to her designated foster mother, but the family with the older goslings kept getting in the way. I will try again tomorrow, but am reluctant to part with her just yet.

Liz, glad to hear your girls survived their first breeding season without any problems. You should have plenty of fertile eggs next year.

I've got Toulouse sitting on a mix African and Toulouse eggs. She's been sitting tight now for over a week. Due the week of Memorial day. From a trio of four year old that have successfully hatched the last two years. I can't wait to see how many I get!

My beautiful buff gosling is getting her legs under her so I moved her into the chicks pen this morning. She is 3x the size of the chicks but they seem to really like her and the integration was smooth. I took her out to meet the adult dewlaps again this afternoon. Two different buff boys were very interested in her and either would be a good foster parent. I will have to decide which to give her to very soon.

Back
Top Bottom