** 2017 New Drug Law - What Are Your Plans? **

For those that don't automatically cull all sick birds, I really think it would be best to find a vet you can work with. While it's true that a good poultry vet is hard to find, I think there are many vets that might be willing to help people diagnose poultry health issues.

Also important to note that almost all fish and pigeon antibiotics are not "approved" for use in poultry, and some are actually banned.

For those that don't automatically cull all sick birds, I really think it would be best to find a vet you can work with. While it's true that a good poultry vet is hard to find, I think there are many vets that might be willing to help people diagnose poultry health issues.

Also important to note that almost all fish and pigeon antibiotics are not "approved" for use in poultry, and some are actually banned.

Good idea and i think there are a few around here.

Really!? Didn't realize that.

Good idea and i think there are a few around here.

Really!? Didn't realize that.

The list of "approved" drugs is quite short.

The list of "approved" drugs is quite short.

Wow, i never would have guessed but that does make sense cause some might be bad for us to eat?

I don't really know why some are approved and some aren't. Perhaps it's partially due to the studies or lack thereof? The banned ones, that I understand, and each is banned for a different reason.

So I did some searching and I couldn't find any of the 10 gram oxytetracycline or tetracycline bags at Valley Vet, Jeffer's, or Allivet, but a couple of them did have the 102.4 gram bags of oxytetracyline. Of course all require prescription.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom