2018 Hatchalong

We just set our first ever clutch last Saturday from our dewlap toulouses and we found today that three are fertile! We are super excited! These pics were taken on on Thursday, 2/15.View attachment 1266946 View attachment 1266943View attachment 1266945

Here is our week update!! We finally are starting to see some movement in the egg and it is very exciting!!
68AE1C89-9CFC-46C2-82A3-9005F1376A13.png
17D8E593-3CEB-4E63-B6EF-6106A2ACF87E.jpeg
0245DFB0-B6E7-48D0-9C0C-6457D34ED7EA.jpeg

Your eggs are developing wonderfully! Congrats! Hopefully, I'll be setting eggs by the time yours are hatching. My production type breeds are in full swing, but my dewlaps do not usually start laying until mid-March. The boys are having squabbles with each other so breeding season is here, and my top trio will be separated into their own breeding pen next week.

Thank you! Our boys have also been not-so-friendly with each other either. I thought it was unusual that my geese started to lay in mid-January, but the sooner the better I guess!

It is unusual, but then again two years ago I had a buff dewlap pair go through a laying cycle in November, and I wound up hatching a baby on Christmas morning. Best Christmas present ever!!!!

My grey dewlaps are finally starting to lay and my buff dewlaps are breeding. Hope to start collecting eggs for my bator in the next couple of weeks, and am excited to join in the hatching fun!

My pair of Embden geese have started nesting and as of last tuesday (2/27/18) i got my first egg! This tuesday (3/6/18), i got my third egg. This is my first time with geese, and this is the goose's first time laying, so super exciting!

Back
Top Bottom