2018 NY Chickenstock

Pics
It will be good to see you...who knows - you could trade peafowl for an emu ;)
Funny you should say that. I found the emu breeder close to me bc he posted a Craigslist ad offering emu chicks in trade for peafowl. However, I need an emu just as much as I need another hole my head. They are awesome birds tho. Really like modern day dinasaurs. So cool!

It will be great to see you!!

As long as things stay the way the are and nothing crazy happens between now and then I should be there. I'll figure out what to bring soon. Can bring my Magpie Duck eggs possibly some Blue Flemish Giant rabbit babies depending on how many are born. I don't really have any good single breeds of chickens as my flock is really just what ever interests me. Maybe some Frizzled Barred Rocks. (I plan on separating them out as soon as my extra coop becomes visible and accessible from under the snow pile that it is currently residing under melts)

I am under strict orders not to bring home any more geese... DH isn't a big fan...I wonder what he would do if I brought home an Emu? :lau

I am under strict orders not to bring home any more geese... DH isn't a big fan...I wonder what he would do if I brought home an Emu? :lau

Speaking of geese, how's the baby you took home from me last year doing? Getting any eggs?

I found out this year, thanks to me paying closer attention to my geese and not just trusting that Metzer sent me the female that I paid for :rolleyes: that Lacie must be her mother because she was only female goose last year.

As long as things stay the way the are and nothing crazy happens between now and then I should be there. I'll figure out what to bring soon. Can bring my Magpie Duck eggs possibly some Blue Flemish Giant rabbit babies depending on how many are born. I don't really have any good single breeds of chickens as my flock is really just what ever interests me. Maybe some Frizzled Barred Rocks. (I plan on separating them out as soon as my extra coop becomes visible and accessible from under the snow pile that it is currently residing under melts)

He probably hasn’t said “no emus” or given strict orders against them. Jus sayin

Speaking of geese, how's the baby you took home from me last year doing? Getting any eggs?

I found out this year, thanks to me paying closer attention to my geese and not just trusting that Metzer sent me the female that I paid for :rolleyes: that Lacie must be her mother because she was only female goose last year.

No eggs yet. She is going great. She tends to spend most of her time with the chickens. I thought that there was a love connection with her and Ricky, but they both seem to prefer the company of chickens more then each other. She tend to be protective of a rooster in my main coop and runs there every morning to be with him. She gets mad at me at night when I make her go back to the duck house. Ricky likes the other group of chickens in the Hoop House. I have a third goose Ethel who loves being with the ducks. We refer to her as my Gimpy Goose. We think that she got hit by a truck this summer because she walks with a little gimp (and this fall the guy told DH that he thought that he might of hit one of our geese when it was in the road and never stopped to let us know). I noticed yesterday she seems a more little sore on her leg right now then she has been so I am worried that she may have re-injured it somehow.

9BCB3363-91BC-4E2C-ABAF-D4281D7E64A9.jpeg
3675AE72-15B8-4FCF-9B42-FEB6D5A5B023.jpeg
A878BB60-D904-438D-B05A-3EE7F706F5E5.jpeg
Hi everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve been on BYC, though I read now and then. I’m really hoping to make it to Chickenstock again this year!
I’ve got a few recent photos of birds I picked from @Pyxis there last year.

Attachments

• CF45A24A-F38A-42FF-A1A0-9BA9003472FC.jpeg
    CF45A24A-F38A-42FF-A1A0-9BA9003472FC.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 3
  • E1BDB775-A834-49CB-A751-0156BC2FF446.jpeg
    E1BDB775-A834-49CB-A751-0156BC2FF446.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 375711FE-9265-449A-BC10-A3BD7C1F873F.jpeg
    375711FE-9265-449A-BC10-A3BD7C1F873F.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 4
His single comb did well this winter. My BCM rooster lost all his points, but he was the only one out of the whole flock. The AC roo has mulberry wattles, but otherwise quite black.

Back
Top Bottom