2019 Emu Hatch-A-Long

I leave mine in the incubator for 12 hours. From pip to hatch varies but mine averaged about 8 hours. Some of yours may take longer to hatch after the first ones hatch so give them time before throwing out.

Yeah I'm going to wait a while before throwing away the other. Just tried to test with a whistle but my guy/gal must be asleep right now! Thanks for the tips!

Food has just arrived, not a whole lot of movement so I feel like it's the calm before the storm, the last nap in the shell perhaps (but I don't even know if that's a thing).

Yes it is a thing. They stop wiggling before hatch. If you hold the aircell tight to your ear, you can hear the chicken breathing and clapping it’s beak when they internally pip.

I don't hear anything as of yet but I suppose it could be anytime now or as far as a couple of days time. Whichever, I'm awaiting eagerly! I should still be turning until the outside of the shell has been "breached", right?

Still nothing yet - about 48 hours now since it first started sounding like one was porcelain - should I be getting worried anytime soon with it having "come away" from the shell or am I just an impatient child on Christmas Eve? :barnie

Still nothing yet - about 48 hours now since it first started sounding like one was porcelain - should I be getting worried anytime soon with it having "come away" from the shell or am I just an impatient child on Christmas Eve? :barnie

I don’t know how long from the porcelain sound but usually internal piping is what causes the membrane to separate so I would say give it another day or two.

Back
Top Bottom