2019 Peafowl

Pics
@Dany12 nope, you're very wrong! My purple peas have such pale barring that it doesn't show up in photos. In person, you can see the difference between Helios and the girl babies, though. I do know what I'm talking about occasionally, thanks

Helios, putting his head in my hand for some neck rubs this morning!
MVIMG_20190712_063248~2.jpg

My baby boy, Helios, taking a micro nap on my lap after they all got treats! Every morning and evening, I visit for a little he bit andjumps up and plops down on my knee or shoulder.
View attachment 1842167

he usually has to share lap space with Starburst, who jumps up first.
View attachment 1842169

One of the purple pied ladies sitting pretty on my hand for a picture to send to her upcoming new owner!
View attachment 1842170
Our black raspberries are ripe so I brought a few in to let them try- it was a hit lol
View attachment 1842171

Most of the gang lying down for a recharge nap after the excitement of raspberries
View attachment 1842173

Starburst is going to be incredible!

@casportpony Naughty!
@KsKingBee I've been out of the loop, what on earth is a Montana?? :idunno

One of the new very rare colors discovered by Leggs Peafowl. They were contacted by a lady in Montana about some free-ranging peas that looked different than any they had seen before. You can read the long story on their web page. At this point, there are still very few of these birds. Think of an orangish Cameo with green eyes and mother of pearl centers. The neck is pretty amazing too with an iridescent sheen. Our cock only had one or two eye feathers this year but I really think next year he will be amazing.
IMG_6511.JPG

Starburst is going to be incredible!

She's pretty cute, for a chicken ;)
tumblr_puahw9GdnG1rc4grco1_500.jpg

I hatched her alongside the peas, so they would have a chick to show them how to eat and encourage them to eat when I was not home. She did a GREAT job and she's a perfect angel now, she absolutely adores cuddles and pets. As soon as I sit she launches herself into my lap full force.

Back
Top Bottom