2020 Fall Ducklings 🦆💖

Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
The Salad Experiment
I tried to feed the first salad ducklings, now 15 days old - not a great success. They don't like that green stuff and think that bowl is their new bathtub…
See the next video for some slightly wet ducklings enjoying their real supper. Spoiler: No, it was not a burger! 😉

Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
Suddenly we went from warm muggy nights to crispy fresh overnight temperatures (8°/46F) here in West Virginia, which is a little bit too cold for 15 days or ducklings, so we could either move them in overnight - nah! Not really, they started to smell sooo bad! - so let's turn them into big Dolphin and Nemo Fans…

Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
Thirteen little ducklings make an exciting trip through the West Virginia Sweet-Potato Jungle, getting separated and re-united, encounter hidden pitfalls, and are being stalked by curious duckosaurs until they reach Mr. Sweet-Potatohead. 😉

In reality, our huge tulip-tree casted its shadow over the duckling-box on the meadow and the ducklings started to peep because they were feeling cold. I had just cleaned their kiddie-pool-brooder and set it into the sunlight dry it and didn't really know what to do now.
Then i remembered that the sweet-potato bed is fenced in and that there are some nasty bugs eating away the leaves of the potato-plants. In went the ducklings and the bugs ran for their lives, not all of them made it… 🐛🐜

Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
Duckling updates: They are 24 days old today and have outgrown their kiddie-pool brooder, so either tonight or tomorrow evening they will go into the Duck Vacation-Home for at least another month before they can join the flock. They have also outgrown the duckling-box (see earlier videos), so i took some plastic-fence and fenced-in an area at their future, temporary home and let them loose:
I also gave them access to a shallow bowl of water, but they were more interested in the grass and the other plants, only when it was bed-time they started to jump into the water. Then they felt cold and demanded to be brought back into their kiddie-pool-brooder, where they tasted the grown-up's pellets for the first time:

Top Bottom