Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Hi Friends,

i tried my best to keep this a secret until they were finally here, but then the Postal Service blew my cover:
  • I gathered all the necessary stuff for the brooder, bedding, ducklings starter, heat-pad, a little duckling cave, feeder, waterer, kiddie-pool. And hid it behind the recliner on our patio, so that Wifie wouldn't see it.
  • Ordered twelve little duckies last week from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio, ten Fawn & White Indian Runners and two White Layers.
  • Since Tuesday i was watching the order progress every five minutes and was disappointed to learn that my ducklings were shipped out of Gonzales California (Metzer Farms) on Tuesday evening, According to USPS they would be here tomorrow morning.
  • Nevertheless, i stood up really early today (6:30am!) and checked he tracking report. - It still said »In transit to Next Facility«. - So i will set up the brooder this evening to be ready when they arrive early tomorrow morning. 🥱
  • I missed the call from the Post Office at 9:35am and got back to check my phone at 11am and HELL!!! - The ducklings are here!!! 😯
  • Setting up the brooder in less than five minutes and jumped into the car. Took the shorter, but unpaved route to Sissonville.
    There are also never, ever speed traps on that trail… 😇
  • And picked up the duckies two minutes before lunch break!
  • I could hear them peeping at the entrance door…
  • All twelve are alife, peeping, eating, drinking and pooping :sick
Here is the first picture of them in their brooder, video is uploading and if i can figure out how-to, i will set up a life stream on YT:
full

Almost forgot to tell the best part due to all that chaos today:

I came back home from the Post Office and my Wifie was waiting on the patio for me, saying »I was wondering if you would get the ducklings this year!« - She knew from the very first day what was going on and is ok with the new 'lings. 😍 Ok, she raised an eyebrow when i told her that there are two White Layers, but Blanca saved the situation at that moment by talking nice to her.

The ducklings are four days old and have their second play-time in the "grass", this time i moved the duckling box a bit further away from the house where the vegetation is more green. And the grown up's are checking out their new sisters, i wonder what Katharina and Nona Duck are saying…

The ducklings are four days old and have their second play-time in the "grass", this time i moved the duckling box a bit further away from the house where the vegetation is more green. And the grown up's are checking out their new sisters, i wonder what Katharina and Nona Duck are saying…
Omg you have a grave dug.

Back
Top Bottom