EMERGENCY. One ducking died, now another acts sick?

Me too. Now I’m left with just the one. Not sure what to do here, he still seems fine. I may watch him for a few days to make sure he isn’t sick and possibly get a few more. Unsure.
I would have returned to TSC as soon as the first one died and showed it to them. They should replace at least the ones that died right away. They only give you so many hours to return I believe. So sorry that your little ones have died. There must have been something going on with them to lose them all like that. If you decide to only keep the one get a stuffed animal and a mirror to put in with it to keep it company. It will want other friends. Our Rural King will sell only 2 ducklings but our TSC makes you buy 6 where I live in Ohio. Good luck with the one you have left and anymore you might decide to buy. I feed mine Dumor 22% Duck All Lifestages with plenty of clean water and nothing on the side and have never lost a duckling. I get it from TSC.

I would have returned to TSC as soon as the first one died and showed it to them. They should replace at least the ones that died right away. They only give you so many hours to return I believe. So sorry that your little ones have died. There must have been something going on with them to lose them all like that. If you decide to only keep the one get a stuffed animal and a mirror to put in with it to keep it company. It will want other friends. Our Rural King will sell only 2 ducklings but our TSC makes you buy 6 where I live in Ohio. Good luck with the one you have left and anymore you might decide to buy. I feed mine Dumor 22% Duck All Lifestages with plenty of clean water and nothing on the side and have never lost a duckling. I get it from TSC.
I’ll go in there today, the ladies know me by name and are really nice so I’ll see what I can do. I gave him a stuffed animal and a little mirror I used to keep with a cockatiel lol. He still seems super healthy.
The remaining one was always a lot bigger then the other 3 were, could they have been from a different clutch ya think? None of the little 3 acted like the remaining one does so I’m wondering if they weren’t just sick from the start at tsc.
At this point I think I’d prefer to find a local farm with ducklings so I know where they come from, and how well they have / haven’t been cared for

Thank you! I’ll see if I can’t find a different light today. Any advice on the baby with the watery eye and listlessness / any ideas on what could have caused it?

I’m so new to this so I’m sorry if I come off ignorant. The only birds we’ve ever owned had been parrots previously lol…
I’m not sure
Sorry I didn’t get notifications on this yesterday

I’ll go in there today, the ladies know me by name and are really nice so I’ll see what I can do. I gave him a stuffed animal and a little mirror I used to keep with a cockatiel lol. He still seems super healthy.
The remaining one was always a lot bigger then the other 3 were, could they have been from a different clutch ya think? None of the little 3 acted like the remaining one does so I’m wondering if they weren’t just sick from the start at tsc.
At this point I think I’d prefer to find a local farm with ducklings so I know where they come from, and how well they have / haven’t been cared for
Good idea. I see ducklings on our Craigslist all of the time not far from where we are. I just don't need anymore. I am glad you are going back to TSC and talking to them. Let us know how that goes. I think they can have leftovers from another batch and then put them in with the new batch as ours has had much bigger ones that had come in the week before. They discount ours once they get big. Got them even down to a dollar a buck for Rouen ducklings because they were so big. I didn't need any though as I already had 4 ducklings hatch out from under my Momma Mallard duck and had bought 2 Runner ducklings off of Craigslist that are both girls that I am keeping.

we had a similiar problem. our salmon faverolle chick was friends with our turkey, and the turkey died.:( now our chick is super friendly to us and her bunny friends, but only gets along with 2 other chickens once in a while. but were the only ones she gets along with perfectly. she stays in her own little cage, and hides in the bunny homes as well. the others peck on her, and we can get them to stop. she is also not growing well, she barely ever goes into the sun. any help?

we had a similiar problem. our salmon faverolle chick was friends with our turkey, and the turkey died.:( now our chick is super friendly to us and her bunny friends, but only gets along with 2 other chickens once in a while. but were the only ones she gets along with perfectly. she stays in her own little cage, and hides in the bunny homes as well. the others peck on her, and we can get them to stop. she is also not growing well, she barely ever goes into the sun. any help?
Since she is not growing well they may pick on her because of her size. Funny how they will do that. Pick on the Little Guy. I guess you will just have to keep her with her Bunny Friend and be glad that she has a friend. My Husband had a big Pekin Duck when he was small that lived with the Dog outside and they both shared the same food and dog house. The Duck actually ate dog food! It lived for years that way so stranger things can happen.

Back
Top Bottom