2020 Rain Clouds & Silver Linings

PirateGirl

Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist
6 Years
Mar 11, 2017
South Park, Colorado, USA
I’m starting this thread as a place for us to share and reflect on 2020! Please share both something bad (rain cloud) and something good (silver lining) related to your flock this past year and also just general life if you’d like. 2020 was a bit of a mess in a lot of ways for many of us, but it wasn’t all bad.

Spring 2020 my drake was on a rampage like never before and caused a few injuries and even a death in my flock. I’d had him several years with no problems so it was particularly upsetting.

Later in the year we added 3 pullets and just a few days after solstice one of them has resumed laying for spring already!

Also in 2020 I lost the love of my life, my 15 year old golden retriever Miss Sunshine.

But last May my much anticipated beautiful daughter was born, starting a whole new adventure!

Well, the whole shutdown thing (Michigan) was a huge cloud. But because of it, I decided to retire and I got chickens!

Because I retired, some expenses had to be cut, but I got to stay home with my wonderful dog and chickens.

One of the expenses was satellite TV, but... wait, I don't see a downside to eliminating paying for TV. So let me rephrase that. We got rid of pay TV, and now it's just like when I was a kid! And, the remote is on the fritz, so I'm burning more calories by actually getting up to turn it on and change the channel.

Well, the whole shutdown thing (Michigan) was a huge cloud. But because of it, I decided to retire and I got chickens!

Because I retired, some expenses had to be cut, but I got to stay home with my wonderful dog and chickens.

One of the expenses was satellite TV, but... wait, I don't see a downside to eliminating paying for TV. So let me rephrase that. We got rid of pay TV, and now it's just like when I was a kid! And, the remote is on the fritz, so I'm burning more calories by actually getting up to turn it on and change the channel.
I think a lot of us can agree that unexpected extra time at home was not a bad thing. Congrats on your new flock!

Back
Top Bottom