2021 Chick Order

Pics
My understanding is that the dates listed are hatch dates, so I would assume any sort of shipping notice would come by the next day, giving them time to pack and make any substitutes due to hatch results.
I would expect the email notice on the hatch day itself.
The chicks MUST be shipped before they are 24 hours old, because the Post Office insists. They can only go so long without eating & drinking, so they have to be shipped fast.

Ideal Poultry somehow manages to ship them even before the hatch date: I've had several orders from them with a Wednesday hatch date, but I got an email with a tracking number on Tuesday evening.

IDEAL Hatchery
White Cornish Bantam (3 St. Run)

What are you planning with the White Cornish Bantams from Ideal?

If you cross them with anything, I'd be really interested in what colors of offspring you get--I've been wondering what genes they've got, but I'm not in a position to test it myself right now.

If you cross them with anything, I'd be really interested in what colors of offspring you get--I've been wondering what genes they've got, but I'm not in a position to test it myself right now.
Originally I had planned to keep a white female (possibly a male too) and a BLR female to add to my mixedcornish pen, but we recently had a flock get sick with something and they share a border with the Cornish pen.

Now I'll probable still keep a white pair and a BLR female and just have a seperate trio

I know a white with a dark will make a jubilee, but that's it and those don't breed true.

I know a white with a dark will make a jubilee, but that's it and those don't breed true.
Jubilee is red with white double-lacing, right?

If I were trying to make one, I'd cross a White Laced Red with a Dark, then cross a chick back to the Dark again. That should give some chicks with the double lacing in white. And it should be possible to get one that breeds true in a few more generations.

But I really don't know about using the solid whites. There are too many genetic combinations that make white chickens!

Jubilee is red with white double-lacing, right?

If I were trying to make one, I'd cross a White Laced Red with a Dark, then cross a chick back to the Dark again. That should give some chicks with the double lacing in white. And it should be possible to get one that breeds true in a few more generations.

But I really don't know about using the solid whites. There are too many genetic combinations that make white chickens!
I think its a white with random dark feathers and patches. At least that's what I've seen online (hence wanting a white male too since I have a dark hen with my current group of WLRs

Hoover's Hatchery
Isabella Leghorn (6 St. Run)
Blue Laced Gold Wyandotte (5 Female)
Silver Laced Wyandotte (7 Female)

Welp Hatchery
Buff Silkie (5 St. Run)
Barred Cochin Bantam (8 St. Run)
Blue Frizzled Cochin Bantam (7 St. Run)
Gold Neck Duccle (10 St. Run)

Dunlap Hatchery
American Bresse (10 St. Run)
Naked Neck Bantam (10 St. Run)
Barred Cochin Bantam (5 St. Run)

Murray McMurray
White Orpington (2 Male)
White Orpington (4 Female)
Silver Leghorn (3 Female)
Red Leghorn (3 Female)
Rose Light Brown Leghorn (2 Female*)
Buff Laced Polish (2 Females)

IDEAL Hatchery
Grey Silkie (4 St. Run)
Partridge Silkie (4 St. Run)
Self Blue Cochin Bantam (6 St. Run)
Buff Sebright (6 St. Run)
Blue Quail Belgian d'Anvers (4 St. Run)
White Cornish Bantam (3 St. Run)
Blue Laced Red Cornish Bantam (3 St. Run)
Buff Minorca (5 St. Run)
Red Shoulder Yokohama (5 St. Run)
Black Crested White Polish (5 St. Run)
Jealous

I think its a white with random dark feathers and patches. At least that's what I've seen online (hence wanting a white male too since I have a dark hen with my current group of WLRs

If that's what Jubilee is, then I can see how crossing a White with a Dark will produce it (if the white has Dominant White.)

The British standard for Jubilee calls for white double-lacing on Mahogany color:
http://indiangame.co.uk/jubilee/
They do describe a bird just like the Dark, except for the lacing being in white.

And there are some photos of that color on feathersite, too:
https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Cornish/BRKCornish.html

(I've noticed that "Jubilee" can be a completely different color or pattern in different breeds.)

Back
Top Bottom