2021 Chick Order

Pics
Some unfortunate news.

Yesterday morning, I let the Schitts cast out into the shed, only to discover that Moira had passed.

She felt good (recently the ones that pass have been very skinny, so this was a good sign) and it looked like she just fell asleep.

I think when they did their sleep pile, or during the night, her head was moved under Alexis and she couldn't breathe.

I feel awful, out of the 3, she was my favorite and I cried a good portion of the day on and off.

Some unfortunate news.

Yesterday morning, I let the Schitts cast out into the shed, only to discover that Moira had passed.

She felt good (recently the ones that pass have been very skinny, so this was a good sign) and it looked like she just fell asleep.

I think when they did their sleep pile, or during the night, her head was moved under Alexis and she couldn't breathe.

I feel awful, out of the 3, she was my favorite and I cried a good portion of the day on and off.
I’m so sorry, Jacin. 😞

I have never smelled rotten eggs before, oh my lord, it smells like death in the coop now. Opened all the windows wide, hoping that it fades a bit before night otherwise I'm not sure they'll want to sleep in there.

Broke the stuck eggs when trying to get them unstuck. One looked about day 14, didn't get a chance to the other two because the smell was so bad. Have to go back down and actively pick them up because I cannot risk mystery pullet trying to nest on them tonight.

None were viable (thank God). I think she was just too warm there

Moved some birds. Crispy, the lavender, and Cochin Mama Are in the grey coop now. They'll be there, and when I move males out of the 2021 pen, I'll move the japanese and other barred in there and the male to the grey coop

Might have goslings for a few days next spring :fl

They'll be for my friend, not to stay, but I've always wanted to touch one and have never had the chance before. She works nights during the week, so I told her I'd pick up birds for her and she could pick them up after DoAs were sorted and she had time to get them. We're splitting most orders anyways this next spring

Back
Top Bottom