2022 Chick Order

Pics
No, I haven't purchased from them before. I've always just bought from a local feed store, but I really wanted to focus on egg color for this group. I was worried about shipping (don't think I could handle opening a box with a unresponsive chick) so I found Alchemist. They are only a 2hr drive from me, so I'm going to their farm for a pick up. The chicks are EXPENSIVE, but again, I wanted these particular chicks and I didn't want to ship. So I hope it all works out.
Totally understand, it's my first time ordering shipped chicks and I'm nervous. We moved to a new area and I'm not sure how responsive our post office is. I might just go check in at 6am every day after they ship to make sure I get them ASAP :lol: Being close enough to pickup sounds like a dream! I see great things about Alchemist online so fingers crossed for you! Their photos of the FBCM are just gorgeous.

Picking up would be so nice! I’m terrified of losing chicks too. We have only ordered once online and it was better weather. One didn’t make it and it was hard 💔
One out of how many? First time ordering, got my fingers crossed!

Totally understand, it's my first time ordering shipped chicks and I'm nervous.

I'm fortunate to live in a rural area where the post office is used to having shipped chicks arrive. The pickup has always been easy and the employees pleasant.

One admitted to peeking through the vents and admiring how cute they were.

Totally understand, it's my first time ordering shipped chicks and I'm nervous. We moved to a new area and I'm not sure how responsive our post office is. I might just go check in at 6am every day after they ship to make sure I get them ASAP :lol: Being close enough to pickup sounds like a dream! I see great things about Alchemist online so fingers crossed for you! Their photos of the FBCM are just gorgeous.

One out of how many? First time ordering, got my fingers crossed!
Out of 10, I was expecting a much higher loss from reading on here

I'm fortunate to live in a rural area where the post office is used to having shipped chicks arrive. The pickup has always been easy and the employees pleasant.

One admitted to peeking through the vents and admiring how cute they were.
Hmm you've inspired me to go chat with the post office and see. We did move decently rural so maybe they are also used to them. My boss in the city last year had his box held at the post office for three days without being called and none of them made it. 😭

Out of 10, I was expecting a much higher loss from reading on here
That's not too terrible I suppose. I'm glad it was only one loss for you.

Tour de Feed Stores this afternoon to check out breed lists and make sure nothing showed up early. They’re getting lavender Orpingtons this Thursday 😍 How early should I be??? They are thinking 10 am for readiness. DH won’t notice an extra few chicks since my order should show up that day too, right??? Just got shipping notice 🎉

Back
Top Bottom