2023/2024 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Ok I will get some greens tomorrow! Just chop it really small? Do they need chick grit like chickens do when they have feed other than pellets?

I always mix a little bit of chick grit into their food. Not a ton, just a couple sprinkles.

How are your eggs? What day are you on?

Day 17 and day 4! So I'm still in the wait and see stage with them all. BUT, my friend that sold me the first four eggs just had her first chick hatch! So chances are very good that these are fertile and can indeed hatch, despite being small. And she had a different egg she sold hatch out to the person she sold it to, and it was blonde :)

I always mix a little bit of chick grit into their food. Not a ton, just a couple sprinkles.

Day 17 and day 4! So I'm still in the wait and see stage with them all. BUT, my friend that sold me the first four eggs just had her first chick hatch! So chances are very good that these are fertile and can indeed hatch, despite being small. And she had a different egg she sold hatch out to the person she sold it to, and it was blonde :)
I have chick grit so I'll put that in with the feed and greens tomorrow. These babies are really sweet. I am enjoying them a lot!

Yay! That's great news and maybe some blonde babies!

4 of the ones I picked up locally have a chance of being blonde. ..so fingers crossed!

We are at day 51. The egg on the right has leveled out overnight so I’m hoping that means we are super close? 🤞🏻😬
88EC9163-25B7-4D92-95F7-4807E00BDCDA.jpeg

Very exciting! This round of 3 I hatched last week were on day 51, 52, and 53. I bet you'll have a baby soon! Are they both still wiggling?
Yes, the leveled out one more so than the other one at this moment. I haven’t heard any whistling from it yet but I’m trying to keep my hands off as much as possible. It sure is hard 😂

Back
Top Bottom