Ended 2023 Valentine's Day Contest Series—Wattle I Do Without You?

Pics
2nd of 4 of Amadeo. He showed tree-hugger tendencies even as a chick
baby amadeo.JPG

2nd photo, my sweet Roo Casanova again. This lover boy loves to have his photo taken, as much as he loves snuggles & hugs. He is the most wonderful Roo with his hens, gentle yet he can be protective & let hawks & foxes know, he is the man! Love him so much. ❤️

He is very smart! When I say, "Casanova...I just saw a hawk" he goes into puff up & flap mode, looking all tough, to scare off the bad guy. He is so cool! 😎

20220825_100019.jpg

Azalea was very special to me. Even as a chick, I could remember her being the friendliest one. She was one of my first chickens and helped me through some hard days.
Azalea was so full of life. She would fly up to the apple tree to escape the run, lay her eggs in the hay bales or behind the rose bushes, and fly up to the top of the turkey pen to sing the egg song. She was also an avid hunter. She would chase down and kill mice and even caught a newt once and swallowed it whole.
She loved to come inside and explore new places to lay eggs, bother the cats, and eat some tasty treats from the fridge.
But what I loved most of all about Azalea was that she was always happy to see me. No matter what she was doing, when she saw me, she would come running up to me. Oftentimes, I would hear her before I would see her. I can still hear her voice sometimes. I will always remember her
IMG_0422.JPG

Back
Top Bottom